Best footwear for scouting Marsh?

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

willsk85

Best footwear for scouting Marsh?

Unread postby willsk85 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:22 am

Anyone have preference knowing that you will likely get wet feet? Hip Waders?

justin84
500 Club

Re: Best footwear for scouting Marsh?

Unread postby justin84 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:30 am

Try a search for "waders" and a few solid topics are out there. I just bought these and plan to use for walking creeks especially that are too deep for boots.

https://www.waderusa.com/frogg-toggs-hellbender-guide-pants-2717125.html
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:42 am

Neoprene top rubber hip boots work best for me.
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:41 am

Muck wetland boots

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:54 am

Jackson Marsh got me started on wearing jungle boots this year. I got some Altama's and have worn them enough this summer to wear the polish off of them. I like them!

You basically accept the fact that you are going to get wet and just go in. The jungle boots have drains in them so you arent carrying all that extra water in your boot. They have worked pretty good, nice and lightweight. Like i said, you do get wet but at least you are wearing about as comfortable of a wet boot as you can find.

If its cold out, I wear my cabelas hip boots. They are awesome and warm, just too hot in warm weather, I sweat so much that I may as well just get wet.

I will be testing the jungle boots in cold weather this fall to see how cold I can hunt in them.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:02 am

hunter_mike wrote:Jackson Marsh got me started on wearing jungle boots this year. I got some Altama's and have worn them enough this summer to wear the polish off of them. I like them!

You basically accept the fact that you are going to get wet and just go in. The jungle boots have drains in them so you arent carrying all that extra water in your boot. They have worked pretty good, nice and lightweight. Like i said, you do get wet but at least you are wearing about as comfortable of a wet boot as you can find.

If its cold out, I wear my cabelas hip boots. They are awesome and warm, just too hot in warm weather, I sweat so much that I may as well just get wet.

I will be testing the jungle boots in cold weather this fall to see how cold I can hunt in them.

I think this will be something I add to my soon, maybe a pair a neoprene pants with the attached socks combined with these boots can get me just about anywhere a canoe can't get me.
willsk85

Unread postby willsk85 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:11 am

hunter_mike wrote:Jackson Marsh got me started on wearing jungle boots this year. I got some Altama's and have worn them enough this summer to wear the polish off of them. I like them!

With that said, I like the idea of the Jungle Boots and then the waders in Justin84's link. Lightweight all the way around.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:22 am

No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:05 am

PK_ wrote:https://www.swiminn.com/swimming/quiksilver-ag47/1227757/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=1268967&country=us&gclid=Cj0KEQjwxqS-BRDRgPLp0q2t0IUBEiQAgfMXROTFuLvMuRu6Q7OsrArvdk8UZ2nWIvtZB7CQqm2PK7MaAnNM8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Those look comfy and lightweight. I bet they are silent while walking too.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:09 am

I did the same thing after reading Jackson marsh's thread. Lol.Except I bought a cheap pair. My next pair will be the altimas tho. I can see how the cheap ones might not last long. Still pretty light and comfortable

Florida-East

Unread postby Florida-East » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:24 am

PK_ wrote:https://www.swiminn.com/swimming/quiksilver-ag47/1227757/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=1268967&country=us&gclid=Cj0KEQjwxqS-BRDRgPLp0q2t0IUBEiQAgfMXROTFuLvMuRu6Q7OsrArvdk8UZ2nWIvtZB7CQqm2PK7MaAnNM8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Pk I thought for sure this was going to be your link!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01I0CM3 ... _i=3419061

PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:43 am

lol, don't forget the snorkel.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:53 pm

Hawthorne wrote:

I did the same thing after reading Jackson marsh's thread. Lol.Except I bought a cheap pair. My next pair will be the altimas tho. I can see how the cheap ones might not last long. Still pretty light and comfortable

Mine are so nice i actually wore them to my cousins wedding last weekend. A wet rag wiped all the crud off them and then some black shoe polish shined em up. Look just like dress shoes lol.

hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:54 pm

Florida-East wrote:

Pk I thought for sure this was going to be your link!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01I0CM3 ... _i=3419061

:lol:

PUBLICbowhunter

Unread postby PUBLICbowhunter » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:40 am

I just plan on getting wet and wear a tight tied pair of crummy sneakers. I don't mind getting to wet as long as the weather isn't to cold

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”