Swamp scouting question

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jpe40

Swamp scouting question

Unread postby jpe40 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:07 am

Hello, I scouted a swamp in the spring and have a question about my findings the swamp was mostly clumps of grass and scrub brush. I followed trails to larger trees but didn't find any beds. The edge of the swamp had a very well defined path with other paths cutting off into the woods. My issue is when I walked inside the transition in the woods I only found 1 run. Would you still give it a shot,and would you set up so you can shoot to the main parallel trail?
Thanks
Jpe40

[ Post made via Android ] Image

hunter_mike

Re: Swamp scouting question

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:39 pm

I can think of one way to find out if its a good hunting spot. Hunt it and see what happens :D One thing i have learned here is to not be afraid to fail. I try stuff and it doesnt work so i try something a little different after that. I say give it a shot if its the best scouted area you have. Maybe sit further away from it in a morning hunt, try to observe something moving and then possibly move in closer for the evening hunt.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Swamp scouting question

Unread postby dan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:42 pm

When ever possible I set up to hit multiple trails if its rut... If your looking for big bucks and/or outside the rut, I would keep looking for that bedding.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”