Balloons everywhere!

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tbunao
500 Club

Re: Balloons everywhere!

Unread postby tbunao » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:55 am

I've been finding a decent amount of balloons this year. I also saw an organization release over 100 the other day. Looking forward to finding some of those

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:13 am

Work hard, stay humble, be kind.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:21 am

I found a dollar bill one time way out in the woods in the middle of no where. Wish those would fall from the sky

[ Post made via Android ] Image
blizzardhunter
500 Club

Unread postby blizzardhunter » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:45 am

I found a shoe the other day. You never know what you will find on public land. On the side of the gravel road going to one of my spots last fall someone dumped a toilet.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:52 am

Some trash found in strange places may have been dropped by tornadoes. We had an F5 come thru here in the mid 90's and still find stuff left from the storm. First few years there was house insulation and shingles hanging in trees and scattered all over.

Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:16 am

found a quarter behind the urinal in a gas station on the way back from Florida last week. While I was standing there looking at it, I thought what the heck, I am going to wash my hands anyway, why not wash the quarter too after I pick it up.

Took my pontoon on the lake right after ice out to pick up as much garbage out of the reeds as I could grab, got a trash bag full of junk
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:23 am

Uncle Lou wrote:found a quarter behind the urinal in a gas station on the way back from Florida last week. While I was standing there looking at it, I thought what the heck, I am going to wash my hands anyway, why not wash the quarter too after I pick it up.

Took my pontoon on the lake right after ice out to pick up as much garbage out of the reeds as I could grab, got a trash bag full of junk

Lol I guess my most useful find was a buck 110 that I found on public last fall

Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:44 am

Dewey wrote:Some trash found in strange places may have been dropped by tornadoes. We had an F5 come thru here in the mid 90's and still find stuff left from the storm. First few years there was house insulation and shingles hanging in trees and scattered all over.

Same here Dewey. I found huge pieces of ripped up vinyl siding, chunks of roof shingles, and pink insulation laying randomly in a woods in southern WI. Apparently came from a tornado that did damage 50 miles west of where I found the debris. The debris was aloft in the storm for awhile before being dropped. :shock: Other than that, I do find the usual beer cans and stuff like that. My friend and I found a hobo camp on one public piece. The crazy man who occupied it that year I guess was seen walking full nude thru the woods by other hunters :lol:
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
wickedbruiser
500 Club

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:18 am

I prepped 2 trees today and coincidentally ran into 2 balloons one being silver. I happened to read this post before headed out. I'm sure if I didn't see this post, I wouldn't have seen the balloons. I had to laugh about it and make sure you were from a different state and we weren't seeing the same balloons. Lol

Mibowfreak
500 Club

Unread postby Mibowfreak » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:34 am

I often find the ballons also. I hit the mother load last year though. 7 or 8 of them all in a spot. Must have been tied togther when someone let them go.

Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:38 pm

I find the balloons all over also. As far as weird stuff I have a nasty one. Two weeks ago I scouted a piece of public I have never been on. It is an awesome piece of ground but had a lot of garbage near the parking area. I had a garbage bag in my pack for bringing out garbage so I started picking up a large pile. I got half way through it and there were 8 used catheters. I had thick leather gloves on so I just threw them in the bag and picked up as much garbage as I could carry.
woody-san

Unread postby woody-san » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:12 am

What timing on this post, scouted yesterday and saw no less than 2 of those shiny mylar balloons up in trees. Almost makes me wonder if they're a clever attempt trail makers made to look like trash?
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:28 am

I see them all over. Now I just wish I would quit seeing trash, used needles and empty baggies at the gates on the public. Sucks!
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:03 am

They are in Iowa too. Just found this one. :lol:

JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:50 pm

I fill up all my pockets out in the woods and carry that much out however after my pockets are full I could continue to pick up much more most days....and that is in areas where I have been picking stuff up for years.

I find a few balloons, maybe a couple a year. The only litter I can't bring myself to pick up are all the condoms in the parking lots :naughty:

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”