Predator Traileye Xp

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wappkid
Facebook: Brian Stucker

Predator Traileye Xp

Unread postby wappkid » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:39 pm

I am looking into getting some of these cameras.Does anyone here have any experience with these cameras.If so what are the pro's and con's.Thanks

Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Re: Predator Traileye Xp

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:10 am

If I was to purchase new Predator cameras that is the model I would buy. Best day light resolution, night range is adequate and most cost effectice camera they offer. All mine have the touch screen and a breeze to operate, very simple. Would like to know how this model is for simplicity.....assume it's just as easy or easier than the screen models.

I have a few that were rebuilt with the Informer "guts" and they work the best of all cameras currently have. Fastest and the most pictures buy far of any models I have.

I test cameras buy placing 4-6 at a time for a few days in the backyard replenishing a little corn everyday. All cameras capture the hundreds of images but the new rebuilt cams will capture double the images. I utilize this information to rank cameras from high grade and so on down. When I bring them out and place in the woods on trails, scrapes or just random locations I want to know what my best camera is.

Not to bash, as all models I believe are this way.....my old Leaf Rivers and Cuddes were the same way. At one time had (6) Leaf Rivers and not one would capture the same number of images over the corn. We are not talking a picture or two....could be over a hundred over (2-3) days. The Cuddes and Predators are no different. Cameras work fine otherwise and how would you know that any pictures were being missed unless multiple cameras were placed at the same location?

Ranking your cameras in order of what captures more images, is something I think must be done. Simple in my mind....place your best camera in what you believe your best areas.
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:30 am

Great info Hodag Hunter!!
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:00 am

Hodag Hunter wrote:If I was to purchase new Predator cameras that is the model I would buy. Best day light resolution, night range is adequate and most cost effectice camera they offer. All mine have the touch screen and a breeze to operate, very simple. Would like to know how this model is for simplicity.....assume it's just as easy or easier than the screen models.

I have a few that were rebuilt with the Informer "guts" and they work the best of all cameras currently have. Fastest and the most pictures buy far of any models I have.

I test cameras buy placing 4-6 at a time for a few days in the backyard replenishing a little corn everyday. All cameras capture the hundreds of images but the new rebuilt cams will capture double the images. I utilize this information to rank cameras from high grade and so on down. When I bring them out and place in the woods on trails, scrapes or just random locations I want to know what my best camera is.

Not to bash, as all models I believe are this way.....my old Leaf Rivers and Cuddes were the same way. At one time had (6) Leaf Rivers and not one would capture the same number of images over the corn. We are not talking a picture or two....could be over a hundred over (2-3) days. The Cuddes and Predators are no different. Cameras work fine otherwise and how would you know that any pictures were being missed unless multiple cameras were placed at the same location?

Ranking your cameras in order of what captures more images, is something I think must be done. Simple in my mind....place your best camera in what you believe your best areas.

Good info Hodag, so after all your testing, which is the best camera in your opinion?
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:59 am

Predators by far.

Have heard good things about the Reconx but never owned one.

Not saying there isn't other cameras out there that won't work....just what I am exposed to, Predators are out on top.

In the past I have also had/used, Moultries, Stealth, Wildview and Wildgame. Two years ago made the commitment and went to all Predators. My old man just got my last two Leaf Rivers I had laying around.

Now if I wasn't clear in my last post, confused me when I read it again,........the number of images can differ between the same type of camera from the same manufacture.
wappkid

Unread postby wappkid » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Hodag Hunter wrote:Predators by far.

Have heard good things about the Reconx but never owned one.

Not saying there isn't other cameras out there that won't work....just what I am exposed to, Predators are out on top.

In the past I have also had/used, Moultries, Stealth, Wildview and Wildgame. Two years ago made the commitment and went to all Predators. My old man just got my last two Leaf Rivers I had laying around.

Now if I wasn't clear in my last post, confused me when I read it again,........the number of images can differ between the same type of camera from the same manufacture.
What batteries do you use? Does lithium batteries make the camera preform better?
wappkid

Unread postby wappkid » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:41 pm

I have 2 of them now.Trying to get a couple more.I will post pics soon.
wappkid

Unread postby wappkid » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:49 am

This camera takes awesome pictures.I had it out around 2 weeks through a wide variety of temps and it used only 8% battery life and took 145 pics.
wappkid

Unread postby wappkid » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:52 am

Here is another one.I had to resize these to 400 pix.So I dont know if it took away from the quality.
wappkid

Unread postby wappkid » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:54 am

The trigger speed on this thing is awesome.It take pictures of birds in flight.
wappkid

Unread postby wappkid » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Here is a pic I got on my cuddeback.
solocam88
500 Club

Unread postby solocam88 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Nice buck, that guy could do some damage with those daggers.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:49 am

I found this website that all they do is test and review trail cams. It is extensive testing and they have computers all rigged up to check actual trigger speed etc. They make it a point to do in depth tests on each and every camera. They give a huge thumbs down to the Traileye XP. Heres a link!

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=167
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
wappkid

Unread postby wappkid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:23 am

I read the same review. You can't argue with the pictures.I got several pictures of biirds in mid flight.I love reviews like this. That keeps everybody away from them so I can get a great deal on them
They work great for me.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:54 am

BackWoodsHunter wrote:I found this website that all they do is test and review trail cams. It is extensive testing and they have computers all rigged up to check actual trigger speed etc. They make it a point to do in depth tests on each and every camera. They give a huge thumbs down to the Traileye XP. Heres a link!

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=167

To explain the reviews on that site :roll: ......When Perry owned Predator cameras, he and the site owner got into a big pi$$ing match. That site has never said a favorable thing about Predator cameras ever.
I used to post some on that site, showing my favorable views of Predator and a lot of my posts were deleted. One of their mods pm'd me and appoliged a ton about the site owner.

Take the information posted there with a grain of salt.....

Even accused me of being a Predator "plant" out on the public forum. When I denied...he would delete those posts or basically call me a liar. I wasn't the only one there censored about Predator cameras. This all happened about 3 years ago.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”