Prime real estate

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Btoeps74

Prime real estate

Unread postby Btoeps74 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:24 pm

For those of you that have been using maps to find possible buck bedding areas, have you noticed at all, where you are able to pinpoint the bed that would likely hold the dominant area buck in a given area?

In theory if your able to find 6 likely bedding locations, but one of them looks just a little bit better than the rest, i.e maybe one spots more remote, or has better visibility down hill, ect, you'd think the local stud could/would take over such a spot from a lesser buck?

I don't really know much about hunting beds, but just something I was wondering.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Bucky

Re: Prime real estate

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:29 pm

Hills.... u want multiple east west and North south ridges coming together at a "hub"... the more bedding points off the ridges the better. Ideally high quality ag all around

River bottom that runs through timber with multiple twists and turns surrounded with high quality agriculture

Marsh with thick brush and LOTS of edge with points... cats to red brush... marsh grass to Black brush... black brush transition to oak islands

Usually... thick and water really help... or bluff like hills close to river system

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”