Help with new land

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ghost Pointer

Help with new land

Unread postby Ghost Pointer » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:38 am

Hey guys, Looking for any help on a new piece of land. Lots of acreage, but big hill country (notice the differences in elevation. From the tip top of this property to the lowest point on the property there is roughly 800 feet of elevation change. Any help would be appreciated.

I have confirmed one buck bed on the property. I don't know if it jumps out to you as a likely bedding source, but this spot has a brushy section in open woods about 15 yards in diameter, tons of rubs at its edges, 1 bed with a huge rub right beside the bed. Looking at the area, it is easy to understand why he hangs there. Very difficult to hunt without him knowing you are there.

The satellite image is a better representation of the property outline. The topo gives a little better insight as to what's just beyond the property boundaries. Thanks for any help!!

Ghost Pointer

Re: Help with new land

Unread postby Ghost Pointer » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:22 am

Any help on potential bedding areas on or near the property? Thanks
Ghost Pointer

Unread postby Ghost Pointer » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:38 am

Still needing help.....I have now hunted this property for 3 seasons. I have found one buck bed, but the sharp altitude changes and the fact the highest elevation on the property is all fields, has me baffled for beds. I have noticed that traveling, especially during the rut, happens along the yellow line. There seems to be evidence of bedding, some at the orange diamond. Is this a likely area for a mature buck to bed or does and the smaller guys? I am providing several satellite images so you can see the lay of the land a little better. Any help in where to focus my efforts would be great.

Opposite angle
wider view looking S

Red line is roughly what I have permission to hunt.
Ghost Pointer

Unread postby Ghost Pointer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:08 am

Anyone have a perspective on this property? Looking for a different set of eyes to take a look.
WI_Bucky

Unread postby WI_Bucky » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:15 pm

Not that I would be able to help at all but I can't see the pictures, maybe others are having issues with seeing them as well?
Ghost Pointer

Unread postby Ghost Pointer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:58 pm

Dang photobucket. They were there when I looked at it. I’ll update tomorrow at work where the pics are saved. Thanks
Ghost Pointer

Unread postby Ghost Pointer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am

Here are the pics of property...

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”