Past a bucks bed time

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tbunao
500 Club

Past a bucks bed time

Unread postby tbunao » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:53 am

So thanks to Dan and everyone else on here I feel like I'm well on my way this year. Well I did.
I had asked help with a topo a while ago and Dan had circled and area. It was harsh winter and snow was still deep when I checked. Another area that was suggested I found a bed with several large rubs in it. The trees have multiple years of scars on them. I also found a shed about 100 yards away from the bed. I've never seen this deer. The shed has a noticeable split off the main beam.
So after some thought I think I'm on 2 different bucks. I went back and looked at last years cam pics and they range from 5am-7am all in the same acorn flat.
Now here is my question.
From where the camera was to the bed I found with large rubs is about 1/4 of a mile apart. If he has a pic taken at say 7am I don't think he would make it there until close to 8. How late into the morning do the mill around until the bed. I know all deer are different but a good round about would help.
If it would be to late in the morning by the time he got there then that means I need to go back and check where Dan had originally said.
That would actually be a good setup for him to J-hook from the flats to the bed. I also ran into him bedded in these flats at 4am on my way to the stand. He was 20yards from the stand.
Thanks in advance

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Past a bucks bed time

Unread postby dan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:36 am

I would expect he was bedded close to the acorn flats where you got the picture in the morning.
Also, I would caution against thinking that one buck uses a good bed. A good buck bed is usually used by most of the bucks in the area.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”