Marsh/Creek advice on buck beds

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ryan
500 Club

Marsh/Creek advice on buck beds

Unread postby Ryan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:54 am

Hey guys so i'm deployed right now overseas, have to do all cyber scouting and rely on it cause ill get home about 2 weeks before archery opens up, hunting a new piece of public land and mapped out some bed areas, least what i think might be, seeking some advice on how you guys would attack this spot, dominant wind is usually nw, clear cuts all around this spot, terrain is pretty flat, steepest elevation change is 12-15 feet. , the second image is of a spot i thought might be a good one for going in blind on, researched a little bit of how to hunt along rivers on here, i figured bucks might bed on the red star area also and was planning on putting a stand a little bit behind that on the higher ground, any advice on it would be great to, thanks for your guys input, love the site it's made me realize iv been hunting wrong my whole life haha

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Marsh/Creek advice on buck beds

Unread postby dan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:17 pm

That second map would take me studying and zooming a lot more... But the 1st one is easier.. I would concentrate on the swamp edge transition in the center of the picture. I would walk the edge looking for sign coming out, and set up. If nothing happens, start where you left off the day before. I bet a buck or two is bedding in that swamp not far from the edge. I would also look at the bend in the creek in the S.W. corner of the 1st map.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:49 pm

I really like the looks of that 'belly' of dry ground on the North side of the swamp in the 1st pic.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Ryan
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:34 pm

Thanks a lot for the input guys, i didn't even think to check the swamp first for beds makes perfect sense now

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”