Trail cams & beds

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BHC

Trail cams & beds

Unread postby BHC » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:27 am

Anyone have any experience placing cams on buck beds? Any pics u could share? Contemplating trying this..

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

wickedbruiser
500 Club

Re: Trail cams & beds

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:48 am

My thought is that you will blow out that bedding area. Would like to see other opinions.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
ZSV
500 Club

Unread postby ZSV » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:55 am

If this link doesn't work the name of the topic under trail cams is "Buck Bed cam pulled".

viewtopic.php?f=286&t=23848
“I only live once, I will not die a coward “ - Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:57 am

There have been some good threads on this. I like the idea of doing this. It takes some fineness to do it properly though.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:34 am

I would think the camera would have to be black flash & have no shutter sound whatsoever. Set it before a rain and wait for the pictures!
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
Jphunter
500 Club

Unread postby Jphunter » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:06 am

I was thinking about this the other day..Maybe one of those cameras that sends the picture to your phone or email..I don't know what the cost is with cameras though.

BHC

Unread postby BHC » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:29 pm

I'm just about to finish my 1st yr of pharmacy school. My hunting this past season was the least it's been my entire life! I did not get to run my cams as I normally do. I have 3 coverts that should last a whole season. If they'll work. I have had time to mess w them but I don't think any of the 3 took a pic last time they were out! And I can use my cuddebacks in normal places I put them. Be interesting to see the results, and easy to not check them no more than I'll get to hunt....

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:38 pm

Jphunter wrote:I was thinking about this the other day..Maybe one of those cameras that sends the picture to your phone or email..I don't know what the cost is with cameras though.

That would be ideal. It would be cool to have it up year round or as long as the batteries last at the very least. A ton of info could be learned when applying when particular bucks bed in the spot based on wind direction, time of year or food source changes plus moon phases could be verified when the bucks leaves the bed. Can't imagine how valuable that info could be. Sure would be interesting.

BHC

Unread postby BHC » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:39 pm

There are cameras, not sure the name, that send the pics to a card box up to 250 yrds from your camera sight. These would be particularly good for something like this.. They are also good if you like to keep tabs on an area until the activity picks up. If you can place them
In easy to get to, not intrusive/accessible locations within the camera range...

ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:30 pm

What about using a wireless SD card so you don't have to intrude. Something like this. Could make existing cameras become more flexible and keep you from having to intrude into the area.

http://www.eyefi.com/
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:05 am

ThePreBanMan wrote:What about using a wireless SD card so you don't have to intrude. Something like this. Could make existing cameras become more flexible and keep you from having to intrude into the area.

I love the thought of using these cameras. In my opinion the technology is too new right now. I think the options are very limited for optimal usage. I do believe in the next 5 years or so these cameras will be the new wave. You will be able to access the cameras pictures from mobile devices easily and readily.

Just look how much the regular trail cameras have advance in the last 5 years.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:41 pm

I have a few guys who work for me who have those wireless SD cards I linked to. They love them. They leave them in their cameras and instantly get the pictures on their mobile devices which they then have uploaded to their Google Drive accounts where they're accessible from all their devices. It's pretty slick actually. My thought would be on the range though. I can't imagine that you could be 100 yards out and still link up and download the photos.
cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:45 am

ThePreBanMan wrote:What about using a wireless SD card so you don't have to intrude. Something like this. Could make existing cameras become more flexible and keep you from having to intrude into the area.

I think the max range is 30yds on these cards.

trapper57
500 Club

Unread postby trapper57 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:12 am

This camera set up would work, but it's pricey.
http://www.buckeyecam.com/site/phone/index.html
You use one camera as a base unit and it will talk with another camera.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”