Locating Buck Beds

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

LetMreap

Locating Buck Beds

Unread postby LetMreap » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:48 am

This is the first year that I have committed to specifically finding buck beds and making a plan to hunt them this fall. The style and strategy that Dan and his blood brothers teach has opened up a whole new way of hunting whitetails in my mind. I think about bowhunting whitetails way differently now than I had before, and it is because of this "beast" hunting style. I use to find beds in the woods and thought, "Well I know they bed here, but I still don't know where that big buck is." By knowing what to look for and how to hunt the sign come this fall, I feel more confident that I can capitalize on the plans I put together to harvest a good buck. This forum has helped me a lot and I cannot wait to see what lies ahead. Thanks for all the good info everyone!

Anyways, linked below are some pictures of the buck beds I found yesterday. They were located in a tiny swamp with thick foliage around it. In the fall, the DNR plants beans in fields to the north, west and south of this swamp. I found deer hair in both beds. The first two pics are of a bed that is on an island in the middle of the swamp. The remaining pics are of a buck bed that is at the southern tip of the swamp. It is a perfect big buck hide out! I only picked out one tree, so I will need to return to pick out at least two more for different scenarios, but considering I was on limited amount of time I think this is a good start.

#---Aim Small Miss Small--->
bulldawgfan007

Re: Locating Buck Beds

Unread postby bulldawgfan007 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:21 pm

Good Stuff!

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”