Mother nature sure has a strange sense of humor!

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Mother nature sure has a strange sense of humor!

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 am

I have been off work for almost 3 weeks now and been doing a ton of scouting. We basically went the whole month of December with no snow in southern WI which I suppose has been pretty good to get a head start on reading this seasons sign but a little bit of snow is always nice to track deer and verify if particular bucks are still alive. My favorite tactic is following them back to primary beds in the snow. Tomorrow night we have some snow moving in and wouldn't you know Sunday is my last day before I go back to work! :doh: Been hoping and praying for a little snow the entire time I have been off and wouldn't ya know it comes on my last day. :angry-banghead:

stash59

Re: Mother nature sure has a strange sense of humor!

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:44 am

par for the course.
Uncle Lou

Re: Mother nature sure has a strange sense of humor!

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:28 pm

The timing for you does kinda stink. But all I can take from this weather in the upper Midwest is that the animals need a break. That was a long tough winter on them last year and two winters like that in a row could have really hurt poplulations.

So on the bright side, we should have some healthy animals if we can stay below average on snow and above average on temps.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”