Spot Checks

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wmahunter
500 Club

Re: Spot Checks

Unread postby wmahunter » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:37 am

Forget the wetsuit, you need a dry suit. 7mm wetsuit is good for 72 degree water but colder than than you need a dry suit for scouting if going in all that cold water. BRRRRRRRRR!.

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:12 am

wmahunter wrote:Forget the wetsuit, you need a dry suit. 7mm wetsuit is good for 72 degree water but colder than than you need a dry suit for scouting if going in all that cold water. BRRRRRRRRR!.

I've slipped and went swimming in a stream while fishing here in February with an air temp. of 24 F and a water temp in the low 30's. I still fished all day, but when done I had to have a buddy open my truck door as my fingers would not function... okay, so maybe that wasn't so bright. :lol:

One of the top hunters in the world (my opinion, friend of the family) has used a wet suit more than once to kill a mature buck. I know that he swam in across a beaver pond, climbed a tree to find exactly where his target buck was bedded, stalked in and shot him. Another time I saw him do it he swam a beaver pond to position himself in a tree for a deer drive in gun season. I was in a different stand site as others began the drive. Both times he wore a wet suit. A will to succeed like that is why he is so successful.
Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:07 am

Singing Bridge wrote:
One of the top hunters in the world (my opinion, friend of the family) has used a wet suit more than once to kill a mature buck. I know that he swam in across a beaver pond, climbed a tree to find exactly where his target buck was bedded, stalked in and shot him. Another time I saw him do it he swam a beaver pond to position himself in a tree for a deer drive in gun season. I was in a different stand site as others began the drive. Both times he wore a wet suit. A will to succeed like that is why he is so successful.

I've heard of this guy!

After that he disappeared and no one ever heard from him again. Nobody really knows if he is still exists. Some guys know other guys that may have once hunted with him. Over time he became a myth, a legend. A bedtime story that hunters tell their kids. "Burn my spot and Keyser Soze will kill your target buck."

And just like that, poof, he was gone.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Work hard, stay humble, be kind.
Singing Bridge
500 Club

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:59 am

Motivated wrote:
Singing Bridge wrote:

I've heard of this guy!

After that he disappeared and no one ever heard from him again. Nobody really knows if he is still exists. Some guys know other guys that may have once hunted with him. Over time he became a myth, a legend. A bedtime story that hunters tell their kids. "Burn my spot and Keyser Soze will kill your target buck."

And just like that, poof, he was gone.

Gosh, if I'm not mistaken I'd say you don't believe me. Please refrain from trashing the posts of others, and thanks.

Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:40 am

Singingbridge,

I'm sorry that came off wrong. I do believe you and really respect what you have to say. Please accept my apology as I was trying to be funny, not disrespectful.

What I wrote was in reference to one of my favorite movies, The Usual Suspects. It is about a highly impressive person who fools everyone and pulls off something amazing. I thought people would remember his name. But admittedly the movie did come out in 1995. I must be getting old. If you haven't seen this movie, then I recommend it.

Hopefully no harm, no foul.

Work hard, stay humble, be kind.
Singing Bridge
500 Club

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:03 am

My bad- it is an intriguing trailer indeed. Interpretation of tangent remarks can lead many astray.

Swampbuck

Unread postby Swampbuck » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:04 am

Motivated wrote:Singingbridge,

I'm sorry that came off wrong. I do believe you and really respect what you have to say. Please accept my apology as I was trying to be funny, not disrespectful.

What I wrote was in reference to one of my favorite movies, The Usual Suspects. It is about a highly impressive person who fools everyone and pulls off something amazing. I thought people would remember his name. But admittedly the movie did come out in 1995. I must be getting old. If you haven't seen this movie, then I recommend it.

Hopefully no harm, no foul.

Haha, it was pretry funny!! But u had to know the movie lol

Make It Happen

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”