Planning first Beast Style Hunt

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DrHogFan

Planning first Beast Style Hunt

Unread postby DrHogFan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:47 pm

So I'm planning my first beast style hunt. I'm going in blind on public ground that I'm told is not heavily pressured. Its in the Mississippi River Delta. Surrounded by agri, rice and soybeans (maybe). The area in the middle looks to be a clearing surrounding a creek bed. The wooded areas are bottomland hardwoods. I looked in the history on Google Earth, and I'm guessing it was cut a few years ago and should be good and thick now. I've only been creeping this site for a week or so now, so tell me what you think. Red dots are suspected buck beds, yellow would be stand locations, and this is with a west/southwest wind in mind.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Planning first Beast Style Hunt

Unread postby dan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:29 pm

lOOKS GOOD... You can tweak your plan as you go, it might be thicker or more open, you may or may not be close enogh. Don't be afraid to sway from the plan.
whitetail_addict

Re: Planning first Beast Style Hunt

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:33 am

dan wrote:lOOKS GOOD... You can tweak your plan as you go, it might be thicker or more open, you may or may not be close enogh. Don't be afraid to sway from the plan.

Dan, what's your plan when you get to an area you haven't been in before and it's far too thick to get as close as you were planning on getting based on cyber scouting?

I went into a really good looking spot like this opening weekend here in Wisconsin and the sign looked good, bedding was there, but the problem was there was like a wall of thick tangled brush that prevented me from really closing in the last 50 yards or so that I would have liked. I ended up sitting anyways out on the edge but I know I needed to be in there closer. Would you have left the spot alone for another day or sat in hopes of observing something?

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”