too much traffic?

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

basspro05
500 Club

too much traffic?

Unread postby basspro05 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:21 am

As an amateur beast, looking at this image I would think the buck would bed where I circled in red, it is flat and he would have a perfect view of the parking lot...from about 100 yards away if he bedded on the point of those trees.

Then I kind of got to thinking, well he probably would get a ton of traffic, because i would assume most people park and walk to the back corner of that treeline.

I think that buck would always get away from the average hunter, because he would see him/her pull into that parking lot everytime, but if it is a heavily pressured area would that buck get sick of having to leave that bed all the time even if he always did escape? And just find a different place to bed?

I know I need to just toss the stand on the back when season opens and check it out, but I am looking for opinions.
On ridges I have found where the most strategic points for a buck are not bedded on because of heavy foot traffic, but other points while less advantageous for the bucks eyes and nose have beds because they dont receive any foot traffic.

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Re: too much traffic?

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:46 am

It's possible a good buck beds there- an observation stand would help. But- In my heavily pressured areas that point would see traffic from the lot, it stands out too much.

I like the small, potential buck bedding areas on the right side of the pic much better, with the water providing a barrier on one side and the wind providing protection on the other when the wind is blowing from left to right...

This is a reach for me to state this, as there is not enough of the overall area visible to make more than a guess.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: too much traffic?

Unread postby dan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:51 am

I don't like that spot... The spots near parking lots like that are usually off to the side and over looked... Bucks do not like to relocate in daylight, it makes them vulnerable to getting killed.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”