Pre game cyber scouting

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

oldrank

Pre game cyber scouting

Unread postby oldrank » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:14 pm

Ive been eyeing this little marsh spot for a few years and have hunted it a few times but have never put the pieces together. It has a nice water barrier to the west that keeps it pretty secluded and no human trails leading into it which can make it a little hairy getting in and out of in the dark. Im looking at the thin point off to the left of the marsh as a possible bedding area and also being drawn to the little island of trees right below center. What do you guys think ? See any hot spots that are jumping out ?

Last edited by oldrank on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

headgear
500 Club

Re: Pre game cyber scouting

Unread postby headgear » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:33 pm

I like the island or the brush to the northwest of the island, depending on the wind they might use the points to the east or the subtle point on the north side. Nice looking area.
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:56 am

I would expect to find bedding in most of the areas I marked with red. SB

oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:56 am

Very interesting. My theory is the deer are crossing the canal to get to crop fields to the west. The property to the west of the canal is very heavily hunted because of the easy access and crops it gets a ton of attention. Do you think the deer would bed facing the canal with the wind coming from the north or east ? It seems to me they would feel pretty secure with the water barricade.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:29 am

If there is pressure nearby I would guess they are bedding out near that island or in the surrounding brush. I doubt they move all that far and stage close by, no hurry to hit the crops until well after dark if there is pressure there. The one thing the beast has taught me is how patient those old boys will be, they don't have a lot of reasons to risk their lives for food. Also watch your thermals when hunting this area, your scent will get sucked right the water and the bucks will make sure to take advantage.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:39 am

good points Headgear... im gonna have to spend a little more time analyzing this tonite... my plan is to come from the water on kayak... They do wait till well after dark to hit the field I have done alot of shining n observation in the crop fields n know the big boys come in late. I wasnt even thinking of the water thermals.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”