Thoughts on the bedding areas here.

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ghost Hunter

Thoughts on the bedding areas here.

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:57 am

I did some walking this morning about 2 miles it seem like to me. It was cool here this morning for June. Here is a link the the area I walked. I found some good trails an a couple beds, can not help but to think there should be more beds. What do you think?

http://caltopo.com/map.html#ll=34.0152, ... &n=0.5&a=c

If someone post this map for me other than a link to make it easier I would appreciate it. I can not get it to work.

I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Ghost Hunter

Re: Thoughts on the bedding areas here.

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:38 am

Also did see some scrapes that were hit a couple days ago too.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:36 pm

Hello Ghost Hunter

If you click your start tab on the lower left, type in the search field: snipping tool there is a tool installed in your operating system that allows you to snip and save part or all of the screen. Then you upload that picture to photobucket, then paste the url link to your post and the picture will appear.

I didn't know what or how much of the picture you wanted posted or I would do it for you.
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:06 pm

backstraps wrote:Hello Ghost Hunter

If you click your start tab on the lower left, type in the search field: snipping tool there is a tool installed in your operating system that allows you to snip and save part or all of the screen. Then you upload that picture to photobucket, then paste the url link to your post and the picture will appear.

I didn't know what or how much of the picture you wanted posted or I would do it for you.

Well, I can't find snipping tool. I was wanting to do the upper 2/3rds of the link.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:47 pm

Hope these maps captured what you are looking for help on
Topo:
Aerial:
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:53 am

Thats a tough property if its public... Lots of easy access and easy to follow edge... Anywho, I would concentrate on walking all of the edges whether they are interior, or exterior edges. Most of the bedding should be near the edges. I would look for edges that others are over looking. Like small creek treelines and such.

Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:38 am

I located two good trails an confirmed several fresh tracks of decent size deer an one good set of tracks crossing a logging road that was logged recently. I found a couple beds, they were on the edges. I set one trail camera in a old logging road. I picked an isolated back corner that is well off the road. I doubt this area will receive any human pressure. I figuring this area will be over looked because it is out of sight out of mind. This area is on my hunting lease in south west Arkansas. This area is hunted hard all the way around it. Their stands are at least 1/2 mile away. I will go back down an walk it again in about a month or so. This is the one I'm trying to locate in this area. I have had pictures of him about 1 1/2 miles from this area, but he is always in the area around Thanksgiving. I think he will be 5.5 year old this year.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”