nice day for scouting today

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Beauford

nice day for scouting today

Unread postby Beauford » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:32 am

Did some scouting today after work in the marsh. It was nice and cool and windy (no bugs). I have not had a lot of time this summer to get out and check a lot of my spots, I hope I didn't mess up my chances today. I went to three different spots I like to sit, not much sign hardly any. I did scare one deer up near all three spots. This time of the year being thick and the marsh with water the first two deer I kick up just in 5 yds of the cattails. The last one was a doe walking to a area she got up 4yds of me, I think the wind and the thickness was the cause of that. Not sure if today helps out or not. Food sources in different area not much sign don;t like scaring deer this close to the season.

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Re: nice day for scouting today

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:59 am

Its getting to be that time of year, where anticipation of the upcoming season makes us want to get out and about. I try not to get right into my stand areas themselves this close to season unless I feel a spot check is necessary, and if so I wait for a rainy day to help get rid of scent. I will spot check some perimeter areas to keep a handle on deer activity, at creek/road crossings, feeding areas and the like. It sounds like you saw at least a deer in your hunting areas, that's always a good sign. 8-)
Indianahunter
500 Club

Re: nice day for scouting today

Unread postby Indianahunter » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:15 am

Singing Bridge wrote:Its getting to be that time of year, where anticipation of the upcoming season makes us want to get out and about. I try not to get right into my stand areas themselves this close to season unless I feel a spot check is necessary, and if so I wait for a rainy day to help get rid of scent. I will spot check some perimeter areas to keep a handle on deer activity, at creek/road crossings, feeding areas and the like. It sounds like you saw at least a deer in your hunting areas, that's always a good sign. 8-)

X2
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”