First year scouting with the lights on (long ramble)

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cbay
500 Club

Re: First year scouting with the lights on (long ramble)

Unread postby cbay » Sat May 24, 2014 2:58 pm

KLEMZ wrote:
cbay wrote: So now i'm learning about scouting huntable areas.

Wow. You are way ahead of the curve for someone committed to learning to hunt big bucks based on bedding. To figure out that some areas are a lot harder to hunt, this soon in your learning curve, is a real good sign that we will be reading about your success very soon.

Appreciate the vote of confidence KLEMZ. I'm finding that "huntable" spots increase depending on how much effort i want to put into it. Some spots are going to require burning other spots. I toss and turn about this and think about which to hunt first and wonder how and where they will go, which of the other safe areas they will go to, pushing them on private, etc.
Other spots will require having someone dropping me off or getting in a boat and parking on the other side of a cove to keep the thermals from pulling up the hill i want to hunt. I got a neighbor that likes to fish and doesn't have a boat and he should be good for a few drop offs/ pick ups. Tried him out on a late season hunt last year and a scout this spring; he was tickled pink to do it but thinks i'm nuts. :lol:

Scout.  Learn.  Hunt

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”