Hunting at home

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tractorsaw1

Hunting at home

Unread postby Tractorsaw1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:09 am

Hello all, this is the layout where i live, there is an 1.5 acre food plot on the north east corner that angles slightly. I feel like i need a fresh start in how to approach this piece with out messing it up for another year, that be said, hunting it incorrectly, over pressuring etc, how long before I can right the ship? I have been seeing does around the house every night, i have moved my cams to the food plot & back out of the deeper areas. There is an alfafa fields to the north west (10 acres) that is not shown here that is a pretty good draw. I really believe a lot of the evening movement on my place is stagging for that area after dark. I did scout the hill north east of the front of my house in march (prior to meeting this website) & did find some beds, but wouldn't call them primary. The light switch kinda went on then as standing at the beds, I could see my front porch & thought well, they got the drop on me as i cross the front yard & walk into the bottom on the road that heads to the creek, they got me before I ever got started. Big thanks in advance!

Tractorsaw1

Re: Hunting at home

Unread postby Tractorsaw1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:52 am

So far these 2 are the top of my summer inventory. Could be miles away right now. But this is what started my search to figure out where I am going wrong at. Great pictures of deer but once season starts, i never see them. Right now my goal is to at least see one of the top end bucks I got pictures of while on stand. A little more about my local, a lot of ag around the area & this is a narrow strip of woods that follows the creek basically north east & south west. Thanks

[img=http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/844/pcz3.jpg]
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:55 am

Colored dots represent beds used on this property color coded to show use based on wind direction.

Tractorsaw1

Unread postby Tractorsaw1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:19 am

Thanks Dan, I got some more home work to do now on how to approach these spots. I picked up a hang on stand & hope to pick up some sticks next week. I have some time off coming up & really hope to score on a good one here at home!
BGHUNTER
Facebook: bgrangerhunter@live.com

Unread postby BGHUNTER » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Nice deer, good luck with them.
Tractorsaw1

Unread postby Tractorsaw1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks bghunter, I am trying to turn the tables on em this year, last year was really bad, guess it wouldn't of been so bad if the pictures would of dried up also as the year wore on, but they didn't. I kept soakin in more time in all the wrong places with zero sightings.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”