Just watched Hill Country....

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Shockwave

Just watched Hill Country....

Unread postby Shockwave » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:41 am

I just watched Hill Country last night and I wish I would've had this DVD around February!! I would've completely changed the way I scouted this year and definitely would've changed my stand locations for the public land I'm hunting. I think if someone is new to scouting or just wants to improve the way they scout, this DVD is a MUST HAVE. This is one of those instructional DVDs that you have to watch several times because there is SO MUCH good info there. Thanks Dan for putting that together!! I'll be ordering Marsh Bucks shortly!!!

bowmike
500 Club

Re: Just watched Hill Country....

Unread postby bowmike » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:06 am

I too love this dvd, a fellow member bought this dvd for me last year out of the goodness of his heart. it completly changed the way I hunt, just as he described. Dan is the man for coming on the forum as well. What a great asset to the beast community to have this forum to share knowledge as well.
NEXT YEAR I' HOLDING OUT FOR A BIG ONE!!
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:07 am

I love reading these posts. I made one similar to this about 2 years ago. Welcome to the Beast. 8-)
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:56 am

Great DVD for sure. The Beast site is a tremendous resource for any and all hunters. It is an accumulation of top notch hunters sharing what they know, with out all the drama.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:43 am

8-)
melsdad

Unread postby melsdad » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:17 am

Shockwave wrote: I wish I would've had this DVD around February!! I would've completely changed the way I scouted this year

I thought the same thing while watching the video

Shockwave wrote:This is one of those instructional DVDs that you have to watch several times because there is SO MUCH good info there.

I watched about half of it so far and when I go to finish I am going to start at the beginning again!!

I did order the marsh video with the hill country video. I probably should have watched the marsh video first since Dan references the marsh video a few times.
MN Legacy
500 Club
Facebook: Brent Bushy

Unread postby MN Legacy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:27 pm

I have both and truely enjoyed both and have taught me alot of things and I'm still learning.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image
fishlips
500 Club

Unread postby fishlips » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Both are great videos. Changed my approach to how I deer hunt. I haven't dropped a slob yet, but did shoot my biggest buck to date using these tactics. Have also had more encounters with big bucks than I have ever had in the past.

With all that being said, the DVDs are just the beginning. Once you get on the website for a while and get out and scout, it's like a whole new world!
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Stanley wrote:Great DVD for sure. The Beast site is a tremendous resource for any and all hunters. It is an accumulation of top notch hunters sharing what they know, with out all the drama.

X100!
mbucks27

Unread postby mbucks27 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:13 am

Finally ordered the dvd. I cant wait to check it out once it comes!!!

John
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:50 am

mbucks27 wrote:Finally ordered the dvd. I cant wait to check it out once it comes!!!

John

Make sure you come back and tell us all about it. 8-)
singleshot78

Unread postby singleshot78 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Being from the south I knew nothing about hunting the hills. We've been coming North to Illinois this being year 5. We've had some success but, after watching the DVD have realized we've just been lucky. These guys are amazing!! I have learned so much. Not saying that I can put what I've learned into action but, it can't hurt trying!! I'm so impressed. I told a buddy about it and he said there's no way it's that good. I told him it buy them all from him if he wasn't amazed. Well, let's just say I only have one set and he still has his. Thanks guys for something truly helpful .
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Great DVD. Game changer for novice. Enlightening to even the veteran. Good stuff.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”