Map Help

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Cknip

Map Help

Unread postby Cknip » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:56 am

copper/albums/userpics/19119/Boundries_2~1.pdf

copper/albums/userpics/19119/Boundries_3~0.pdf

Afternoon, I am somewhat new to Public Hunting after recently moving but have been actively involved with both gun / bow deer hunting in WI for a number of years. I have hunted the property in the pictures above a couple of times a few years back and been on a couple of scouts but haven't had much luck tagging a mature buck.

I am looking for a little advice from you guys as to where you might expect to see beds and potential stand locations / travel routes. The first image is highlighted in a lighter green color to show the property boundries.

Thanks,

PK_
500 Club

Re: Map Help

Unread postby PK_ » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:42 am

Is there any elevation change on the property? If so can you post a topo map?

From that aerial, it seems like an area you need to just put boots on the ground, follow rublines and transitions and figure out the bedding from ground level. Not too much I see that sticks out on the aerial. Edges near water have been good to me for finding beds.

edit: Not sure if those are irrigation ditches but corners and intersections can hold beds if they are. Also any crossovers can make good rut funnels.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Cknip

Re: Map Help

Unread postby Cknip » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:16 am

The area is pretty much flat with very little elevation change so the topo doesnt help much. I will just need to scout it out a little closer and see what I can find.

There are a few areas closer to the riverbed where I havnt scohted yet.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”