Bucks

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bucky

Re: Bucks

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:11 am

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012 ... hunte.html

I'm guessing he is taking advantage of the opportunity to hunt the state parks... I did the same when they allowed hunting in WI (Dane Cty etc parks when it first opened up). Usually when they bring in the sharp shooters though the "party" is over. I watched in Madison on Pheasant Branch (Middelton) sharp shooters take out 30-50 deer a week at night over corn with silenced rifles. I lived in an apartment complex right next to the park and never heard a thing but saw the trailer full of carcasses being taken out in the early AM hours. They wiped out the herd in short order

Shame that they don't give bowhunters more of an opportunity first....

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:27 am

Bucky wrote:http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/even_washington_dc_needs_hunte.html

I'm guessing he is taking advantage of the opportunity to hunt the state parks... I did the same when they allowed hunting in WI (Dane Cty etc parks when it first opened up). Usually when they bring in the sharp shooters though the "party" is over. I watched in Madison on Pheasant Branch (Middelton) sharp shooters take out 30-50 deer a week at night over corn with silenced rifles. I lived in an apartment complex right next to the park and never heard a thing but saw the trailer full of carcasses being taken out in the early AM hours. They wiped out the herd in short order

They had a big park close to where I live. It was a big buck paradise. They put in a golf course and wanted the deer gone. They had hunts but it was doe only. They killed 500 does a yr for about 5 years and then there were none. They still have hunts but you can't even find a doe to kill now. No does = no bucks. I always warn guys about killing too many does, not too many listen.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Chris Conroy
500 Club

Unread postby Chris Conroy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:10 pm

Awesome pictures. I'll say good luck, but I've seen the deer you shoot each year. You don't need luck! ;)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
moondoondude
500 Club

Unread postby moondoondude » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:02 pm

no, I don't hunt military bases or parks. and no, I cannot hunt these deer - they are on park property, public access is granted however, hunting is not allowed. plenty of hunting on the surrounding farms and those guys have proved that these deer definitely disperse. I found more shedhunters there the past 3 years than I did sheds. but, I knew the big deer were there and I knew deer densities were high so I checked the bean fields this summer. deer densities are now too high.

Badger
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allen.krelwitz

Unread postby Badger » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:39 pm

WOW :shock:
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Stanley wrote:
Bucky wrote:http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/even_washington_dc_needs_hunte.html

They had a big park close to where I live. It was a big buck paradise. They put in a golf course and wanted the deer gone. They had hunts but it was doe only. They killed 500 does a yr for about 5 years and then there were none. They still have hunts but you can't even find a doe to kill now. No does = no bucks. I always warn guys about killing too many does, not too many listen.

Stanley I totally agree!! Great post!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
BGHUNTER
Facebook: bgrangerhunter@live.com

Unread postby BGHUNTER » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:25 am

Wow. Awesome picks. You could make a cool calendar.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:24 am

Sweet Moon... impressive you can relocate em and kill like you do! 8-)
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:15 am

moondoondude wrote:no, I don't hunt military bases or parks. and no, I cannot hunt these deer - they are on park property, public access is granted however, hunting is not allowed. plenty of hunting on the surrounding farms and those guys have proved that these deer definitely disperse. I found more shedhunters there the past 3 years than I did sheds. but, I knew the big deer were there and I knew deer densities were high so I checked the bean fields this summer. deer densities are now too high.

Was that an invite or...? ;)
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”