When shining is illegal

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wlog
500 Club

When shining is illegal

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:34 am

I was wondering if anyone has ever used a night vision spotting scope to glass where shining is illegal. I've never even used anything with night vision and I don't really know how well they work I'm just curious. Shining is illegal in this part of the country.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: When shining is illegal

Unread postby dan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:50 am

Wlog wrote:I was wondering if anyone has ever used a night vision spotting scope to glass where shining is illegal. I've never even used anything with night vision and I don't really know how well they work I'm just curious. Shining is illegal in this part of the country.

Depends on how your law is written, but I believe in most areas night vision is still considered shining. And... From what I have heard it don't work nearly as good as a spotlight.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Thanks for the info Dan. Like I say I never really tried was curios though

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:51 am

Here in Michigan it is legal to use night vision to see deer at any time, BUT after shining hours you can use it only if you are not using an IR illuminator. Otherwise you would be casting a beam of light. Even though it is "invisible" light. The head CO in my area even said I can use one on my way to, from and in my tree stand if I want as long as I don't use an illuminator and I keep my arrows in the quiver or my gun unloaded. I tried it once to see if there were deer in my food plots on my way out in the morning, but without the illuminator on (I took out the batteries) the deer seen me before I seen them.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”