Help with unique property

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jujuscisyn

Help with unique property

Unread postby jujuscisyn » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:10 pm

I would appreciate any help, tips, or advice with this property. It is fairly unique in that the red line is actually a 9 foot tall game fence. It belongs to a high fence operation that owns the ground to the east of the yellow box. I can hunt everything inside the yellow box. There are plenty of row crop and alfalfa but cattle are pastured on the whole of the property. So its hard to scout because a deer trail is a cattle trail is a deer trail if you catch my meaning. Prevailing winds during hunting season are W to NNW. With access closed to the south and east it makes getting in real difficult.ImageImage

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Help with unique property

Unread postby dan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:55 am

Cattle can make it difficult... Deer and cattle pastures don't seem to mix well.
I marked the best potential bedding with red dots, not sure how much they will get used with the cattle. I also marked a black line ( you might have to click on the photo to enlarge to see ) where I would expect bucks to cruise during rut. You might want to look for a good spot to intercept that along the black line area.

jujuscisyn

Re: Help with unique property

Unread postby jujuscisyn » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Thanks a million, I was going to post some public ground I hunt but I think I'm starting to get the just of things. The moral of the story is I've got to get boots on the ground.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”