cameras are scouting

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tim
500 Club

cameras are scouting

Unread postby tim » Sat May 25, 2013 8:20 am

i got 5 cameras doing my scouting for me right now in vernon. gotta get some out in kenosha and racine now.. lookin back at last years pics i had lots of up and comers but was too into seing the 1 buck i wanted to kill. im still hoping that buck pops up on the cams , if so hes the one. if not there will hopefully be lots of those other bucks from last year 1 year older. and some newbies . in racine county i had pics last year of what appeares to be the best 1.5 year old freak i have ever seen. he already had like 12 points which included 3 beams 2 cow lookin horns under his brows :shock: . never seen potential like that . he broke off one of the cow hook horns shortly after velvet came of. hoping he makes it and sticks around a few years. who lese is runnung cams right now? and any partuclar bucks you waiting for?

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: cameras are scouting

Unread postby Stanley » Sat May 25, 2013 8:40 am

Cool.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sat May 25, 2013 12:11 pm

I am waiting for a couple more Easy Aims as well as the Covert Black opps to arive before I put mine up. Within the next 2 weeks for sure though. Noticed last night that one of the bucks I was after last year was back in his summer bedding area. I did find his "pressure" bed this sprin though. We will see

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat May 25, 2013 5:41 pm

Thats awesome i am sure you will gain a bunch of good info on your deer! I put up my cuddeback IR on this past tuesday on public land. I really want to run a couple more cams but public makes me nervous as i put this one way up in a tree looking down. I only own the one cam as of now but i already know i will be buying two more within the next month, just still researching what kind to get. What camera would you recommend as an affordable one with good battery life?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Tue May 28, 2013 11:09 am

I have had quite a few brands over the years. but my cuddes have given me the best results. the trigger speed is most important to me, theres is good. I get the fewest but pics with my cuddes.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Tue May 28, 2013 1:16 pm

tim wrote:I have had quite a few brands over the years. but my cuddes have given me the best results. the trigger speed is most important to me, theres is good. I get the fewest but pics with my cuddes.

Thanks. I figured, seems like the cudde's have always been a front-runner.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Wed May 29, 2013 4:38 am

I have heard a lot of negative about most cams,cuddes included but when it comes down to it, there trigger speed is and always has been much faster than most.especially if you compare prices.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”