Take Your Digital Scouting To The Next level.. Geotag Photos

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Re: Take Your Digital Scouting To The Next level.. Geotag Ph

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:14 pm

365buckin wrote:DEERSLAYER, how does the phone work for you? Have you been able to try it out while scouting yet?

I have tried it out a couple of times. It's pretty cool. I start the phones GPS & MyTrails. Then take pics & video with my phone. When I get home I plug the phone into the computer via USB & open up the MyTrails folder. Then I copy the GPX file to a folder named for that scouting trip. Within that folder I make another folder for the pics & video's. Then I open the GPX file with TopoFusion (free version for now) & my tracks come up. Then if I want the pics to show I choose "PhotoFusion" from a drop down menu and select the folder with the pics in it & they show at they proper spots on the map. I don't know how to get the video's to a go on the map. I will have to try to work on that.

A couple things I don't like about TopoFusion are that the thumbnails are to big & I wish there were more map sources available like Yahoo, Bing & Microsoft (I think they are using Google), but the MyTrails app has them which is nice.

You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Re: Take Your Digital Scouting To The Next level.. Geotag Ph

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:59 am

Bump

Another good one.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”