Can anyone give me a few tips and tricks to scout farm land?

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dkraemer96

Re: Can anyone give me a few tips and tricks to scout farm l

Unread postby dkraemer96 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:16 am

hunter_mike wrote:Definitely listen to these guys advice to hunt your dad's farm, as far as I'm concerned some of these guys on here are the best whitetail hunters that exist.

Another piece of advice I would have for you is don't be afraid to venture off and find some new places to hunt as well. I grew up hunting on small parcels of family farmland and had a blast. However, the amount of habitat vs the number of hunters is still off balance and we rarely see or get pictures of (or kill) mature bucks. They simply get shot up too young. If you are willing to do some driving then you can really find some great places to hunt. It all goes back to the basic assumption behind the "beast style" of hunting: If you want to shoot a big buck you have to hunt in a spot where there is a big buck. Thats why these guys put so much emphasis on finding that bed where that buck is at during shooting hours.

Definitely scout your family land though, so when a good one shows up, you can make a good guess of where he's at.

Good luck scouting! Hope you find some good spots.

Thanks, if I dont find anything worth while I will probaby head out into the Nichols Creek Wildlife Area. Its literally 5 minutes away from my farm.

If you heard my shot. . . .I missed. :violence-snipersmiley:

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”