3 years of searching

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dirt nap giver

3 years of searching

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:38 pm

After 3 years of searching for the bed of a mature buck that has been eluding me, I finally found it. 60 yards from the highway! Never thought to look there. Wish I knew how to post pics!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
PLB
500 Club

Re: 3 years of searching

Unread postby PLB » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:53 pm

dirt nap giver wrote:After 3 years of searching for the bed of a mature buck that has been eluding me, I finally found it. 60 yards from the highway! Never thought to look there. Wish I knew how to post pics!

Awesome!! We have been talking about this lately a lot, especially in the overlooked public land spots thread!! By the way do you have a spot like Photobucket to host your pictures?? You can do it here at the BEAST too!!
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Congrats. I hope you slip up on 'em!
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:15 pm

I don't know that he is still using it or if he is still alive. The neighbor shot a 160" 11 point on November 15(opening day of gun). 2 years ago my Bride and I slipped in on his core area and he came within 12 yards and she moved to adjust her face mask and he busted her. I saw him last year on Thanksgiving morning but I had already filled both my buck tags. Man that was hard! This area won't support any sort of tree stand, so we have to hunt from the ground. Now I know where to set up for a Beast style hunt! Yeah baby! Can't wait! We had rain almost all day today, so I spent the morning searching for some "in season" beds, found it and set a trail cam 20' up facing down. Probably wont check it til the next midnight rain. We will see what happens!

dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Public Land Beast wrote:
dirt nap giver wrote:After 3 years of searching for the bed of a mature buck that has been eluding me, I finally found it. 60 yards from the highway! Never thought to look there. Wish I knew how to post pics!

Awesome!! We have been talking about this lately a lot, especially in the overlooked public land spots thread!! By the way do you have a spot like Photobucket to host your pictures?? You can do it here at the BEAST too!!

The issue I am having is that my computer crashed and I don't know how to access this through my iPhone. Otherwise I have quite a few pics I have taken of mature buck beds that would make for some great topics.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:34 pm

dirt nap giver wrote:
Public Land Beast wrote:

The issue I am having is that my computer crashed and I don't know how to access this through my iPhone. Otherwise I have quite a few pics I have taken of mature buck beds that would make for some great topics.

Do you have the pics on your iPhone?

If you do there is a app for Photobucket that works great!

dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Dewey wrote:
dirt nap giver wrote:
Public Land Beast wrote:

Do you have the pics on your iPhone?

If you do there is a app for Photobucket that works great!

No doubt? I will get into it tomorrow. Thanks

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Love to see the pics.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:29 pm

Congrats on finding the bed... Even if the buck is dead, others will use it. I would caution on the camera if your planing to hunt the bed. Especially if its your only mature buck bed.
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:50 pm

dan wrote:Congrats on finding the bed... Even if the buck is dead, others will use it. I would caution on the camera if your planing to hunt the bed. Especially if its your only mature buck bed.

Thanks for the heads up. Don't plan on hunting it this year, more for intel for coming years

Liberty-Hunt
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liberty.hunt.188

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:32 am

8-) Cool!
Hope you will get him!
"Huntingly",
L-H

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!