your thoughts please

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

utica19

your thoughts please

Unread postby utica19 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:29 am

I have been getting skunked on our usual 90 acres of private (maybe we burned it out).

So I headed 15 miles west where we have a little 22 acres that we rarely hunt. I thought I'd walk it for the of it. Its big woods are with a grown over 4 acre field next to the road. Along the edge I found a ton of rubs, some waist high on big trees. Several beds..they look big, so I'm not sure if its multiple deer there or one buck just moving around a few yards? The area of beds, scrapes, rubs etc is about 40 yards long along the woods/field. I also found a trail from the road with fresh tracks leading to this spot. (The torn up area is only 60-70 yards off the road).

My question is..since I just walked through there..didn't kick anything out, do you think it would be worth setting up on this afternoon? What are the odds he would be back there before close today? There are many good trees for me to put the LW and sticks in. Its also an area I'm certain no humans have walked in at all, until I did today.
Thanks for any thoughts.

[ Post made via BlackBerry Curve ] Image

James
500 Club

Re: your thoughts please

Unread postby James » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:04 am

Yes setup tonight, ideally I like to setup as I am walking in scenarios like this rather than backing out, etc. Nothing that can be done about that now of course.

Don't get overly excited about the fresh sign but I think it's worth a hunt or two. Good luck!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:27 am

Hunt it now!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
utica19

Unread postby utica19 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:42 am

Thanks fellas. I'm on top of it. Got setup about an hour ago. Ill advise if I have any luck. Got the vid cam setup, too.

[ Post made via BlackBerry Curve ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”