JEFF STURGIS BOOK NOW AVAILABLE

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

U.P. MAN
500 Club

JEFF STURGIS BOOK NOW AVAILABLE

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:12 am

Jeff has finished his first book titled "Whitetail Success by Design"
Good stuff!

http://www.whitetailhabitatsolutions.com/?page_id=343

jeff Sturgis

Re: JEFF STURGIS BOOK NOW AVAILABLE

Unread postby jeff Sturgis » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:29 am

Thanks for the support U.P. Man...greatly appreciate it! The book went to print last Friday, the Cover is being printed tomorrow...and the books will be in my hand next week sometime-GREAT feeling and I hope that everyone likes it! Can't wait to get some feedback too...
Image My NEW BOOK can be purchased at http://www.whitetailhabitatsolutions.com/?page_id=343...Please check it out and I hope that you enjoy my website too!
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:13 am

Bump for the book.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
jeff Sturgis

Unread postby jeff Sturgis » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:29 am

Thank you Stanley! Also, I have been getting questions about the relevence of this book as it relates to public land/big woods/wilderness, and here is what I believe....

The concepts I hunt by, scout, and either find on public land...or create on private, are relevent anywhere a whitetail roams. That point is a HUGE part of the book.

Overall there are 22 chapters, but I picked a few out that are on the high end of the relevence scale for hunting big woods/public land, including:

*Introduction
*Analyzing the Framework of the Lands You Deer Hunt
*Depth of Cover
*Low Stress Deer Parcels = Low Stress Deer Herds
*Lines of Deer Movement
*Habitat Stems per Acre
*Bedding Layers for Mature Bucks and Does
*Predatory Access
*Stand Stories
*Conclusion

Those chapters of the book will be very applicable. BUT, one of the main points of the book is that whitetails relate, live, move, eat, bed and react the same just about anywhere they live in the country. After nearly a couple of decades of hunting public land in MI and PA, as well as hunting private lands for almost 3 decades...I experienced that how a deer lives was the same from habitat to habitat. I named those concepts the best I could, and then wrote my book to attempt to convey within a logical flow those concepts from beginning to end. To me...to understand private lands...you have to experience deer herds on public land...and to understand public lands...you have to experience deer herds on private lands. Anyways...the two are 1 in the same, and the the book was designed to be applicable anywhere a whitetail roams.

I love the fact that I have had sales in right around 20 whitetail states, because I am excited to get feedback from a very wide audience. I believe the book is applicable over most whitetail states and the feedback will be a great help to how my future books are constructed as well.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Image My NEW BOOK can be purchased at http://www.whitetailhabitatsolutions.com/?page_id=343...Please check it out and I hope that you enjoy my website too!
metropig

Unread postby metropig » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:38 am

Any chance the book is or will be available in ebook format?
jeff Sturgis

Unread postby jeff Sturgis » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:01 am

It certainly will...but that is still a little bit away. As of right now I was really pushing for the book to be completed, and the ebook will be following within the next several weeks. Just need to start and follow through with the process in the next couple of weeks. I am not certain of a timeframe or I would share that with you so the best I can say is to "stay tuned" and I will share those details as soon as I can!

Thanks for asking though...that's something I forget to share with folks...
jeff Sturgis

Unread postby jeff Sturgis » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:35 am

Well guys I greatly appreciate all of the purchases...I will be getting the first batch of books on Friday:) I can't wait to send them out...and currently I am going to have more than 200 to sign and ship to people in over 20 states! Thank you so much...and I can't wait to get your feedback soon...

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”