Public land 10 pointer

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

Public land 10 pointer

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:03 pm

ive been getting video of this public land buck all summer.....i seen him in early July, and August.

last night i was on my way home and figured i would hit the light and sure enough there he was, not to far from were i seen him in july and early August.....today i was driving down the same road going to shoot my bow and what do you know there he is.....he ran right back into his bedding area..i just hope he dosent do that anymore to were people get sight of him out in the open :? the buck is starting to get patternable....he is bedding right by the road in basically a 50 by 50 yard patch of woods......know if i could just get my mind off those bucks on my farm :think: :lol:

[bbvideo=425,350]http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h362/twlonewolf/?action=view&current=MyMovie-10.mp4[/bbvideo]

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Re: Public land 10 pointer

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Nice BH. You can't have to many bucks to hunt! How much are you scouting this year compared to past years?
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Good buck BigHunt!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Good job on scouting the buck.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:22 am

DEERSLAYER wrote:Nice BH. You can't have to many bucks to hunt! How much are you scouting this year compared to past years?

im scouting a little more this year becuase i have a truck again, and im hunting new ground
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
woody-san

Unread postby woody-san » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:27 am

For the very first days of the season, if he's making daylight appearances near fields, will you set up closer to the field or hunt tight to the bed?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:15 am

woody-san wrote:For the very first days of the season, [glow=red]if he's making daylight appearances near fields, will you set up closer to the field or hunt tight to the bed?[/glow][ Post made via Android ] Image

ill try and get as close as i can to the bed..........his bedding area is basicly a brush pile with a couple trees in it....my set up tree is about 45 yards from the bed ..ill will only be able to get 1 stick off the ground ...when i sat in his bed, i could see that the buck is bedding there becusae of sight and smell.....he is bedding on the back side of it and is winding pertty much the whole area..i will have to set up on it on a just off wind ...
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
bbahunter

Unread postby bbahunter » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Nice looking Buck !
Pope and Young Associate Member
Massachusetts Bowhunters Life Member

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”