Glassing fro crp

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Z7WIBoy

Glassing fro crp

Unread postby Z7WIBoy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:03 am

Would you enter a spot you plan to hunt as long as I don't go near the bedding area and glass from a little distance. I have not scouted this area but have shined some nice bucks. I will play the wind and either glass into from crp or practice alpha setup. Thoughts?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Platinum PETA Member
(People Eating Tasty Animals)
gjs4
500 Club

Re: Glassing fro crp

Unread postby gjs4 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:03 am

i glass form the edges- though some edges i have to walk in....sometimes trees- sometimes from my car on the roadside...just doing all i can not to leave scent around where deer are....and crp/brushbbb is about all i hunt
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:18 am

I would not go near a stand site unless you plan on killing a buck there. Do your glassing from a distance or like you said practice with you're stand from a good distance and glass from there.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:56 pm

If you havent scouted it is it possible there are beds you dont know about where you want to glass from?
Z7WIBoy

Unread postby Z7WIBoy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:12 pm

U.P. MAN wrote:If you havent scouted it is it possible there are beds you dont know about where you want to glass from?

You nailed it. Just walked into the crp about 1/8 mile and looked up to see nice 8 looking at me. I know what was or is on the property. This property is loaded with trails and I plan to stay out for awhile. I don't think this property gets much pressure so hopefully i didn't burn it. Will shine it later in the week to validate

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Platinum PETA Member
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”