scouted today

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kenn1320
500 Club

scouted today

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Well I went out again today, covering some new ground. This was my first time thru this area and my gameplan was to follow the transition line and see what I could find. I walked down the road and went in on the bottom blue line and worked counter clockwise. Admittedly once I hit the red line I was starting to feel issues with the heat to the point I questioned if I would be OK to make it back to the car. At that point I just took a deer run all the way out. The red line represents a general line of no trespass signs. I saw 2 40yds apart, good enough for me to turn around. This route was 1.33 miles and it took me 4hrs to cover it. Yes most of this was wet and some areas I had to be careful how I put my foot down and used the push the weeds over and step on them trick. Do you guys think I covered the area fairly well, or should I put another day into exploring inside the transition line? Whats your thoughts about the brush to the left of that small pond?

"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: scouted today

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Do you feel you checked the area thoroughly. Looks like you covered a lot of ground. I believe covering inside of the transition lines may add some clues.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:25 am

Finding beds in there now may require stepping right on top of them.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:52 am

Are you happy with what you found?? Do you feel like the area is worth a hunt or two?
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”