Mini vacation

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Mini vacation

Unread postby Czabs » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Well this whole summer ive been super busy with work and school. Summer classes end Thursday and im super pumped to get out and find some big velvet bucks. I have a bunch of spots scouted out, all i need now is confirmation of big bucks are in the area and correlate that back to the beds i found in the spring/winter. I will be trying to glass and film fields every night and i need to put a 3 more trail cams out. I have 1 out now. Shining i will have to do on the weekends. I will be keeping records of wind, temps, baromatic pressure, moon phase, and time of big buck sightings. Try to get a pattern going maybe. I have gone glassing and shining only a couple times this yr with minimal success. Its time to find some studs..and get my brain going! Cant wait! Month and a half yet. How has your scouting adventures been so far this summer?? I would like to hear! Good luck fellers!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Dewey

Re: Mini vacation

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:51 pm

I have been doing a ton of shinning and have located quite a few shooter bucks. Many of them are in areas I have never hunted so I am pretty excited about hunting some new spots. Most of them were scouted over the winter and beds were located. Now I just need to pattern specific bucks to figure which beds they are using.

I put out a few cameras now that they are legal on state land. They are pretty much just for taking an inventory to see what kind of bucks are in the area that I have not been seeing while shining.

Sounds like we are taking a very similar approach. 8-) Good luck to you Czabs and hope you get some good ones patterned on your mini vacation.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:01 pm

Awesome Dewey! What type of fields have you been seeing them in the most? I have a good feeling about 2012, so jacked to get out!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Around here alfalfa bordering bedding areas has been the main location I am seeing deer especially if near a water source. I have seen very few deer in beans this year which is odd because they are normally pounding them right now. We got a bunch of rain so things may change quite a bit in the near future.

I was seeing a large amount of deer earlier this summer but they seem to have dropped off. Possibly a better food source in the woods due to drought damage on the crops.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”