Scouting from Kuwait

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Scouting from Kuwait

Unread postby dan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:58 pm

I would also check this area out, but whether or not its good may be relevant to pressure.

Matt3

Unread postby Matt3 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:40 am

Thanks for the input Dan. I see I was off on bed locations again lol. I was closer on a few of them so maybe that's a plus. I think I have figured out 3 places to do some observing where I can see the areas I need to before I go in. It will all have to be from the car though but I can still cover those areas. Like I said I cant shine but maybe I can get still get a view. If I don't get anything doing it that way I will have to draw the spot and put an observation stand in somewhere else. Hopefully I can spot a good buck from the car.

Something else I learned by your post Dan is changing the time/date on google earth. I didnt know you could do that and now I do. That shows a lot more information when you look at some of the images from before. I was able to see more ground instead of foliage. Very neat trick. I can see why you are the pro at this. You are able to utilize every asset available to make the most educated decision on how to hunt a property.

Thanks again for everything.

Matt
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:44 am

Matt,
I don't think your bed locations were all that bad... I just concentrated on the areas I liked best.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:53 pm

Matt3 wrote:That would be awesome blackstrap. There was a girl a few years ago on a youth hunt that shot like a 180+ or something with a muzzle loader. The deer are there it's just finding which area to hunt then being able to draw that area. I am really looking forward to putting good time in this year. I am going to pm you.

Matt

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Found the map, got it scanned on to two sheets and emailed to ya!
Good Luck Matt!!
Matt3

Unread postby Matt3 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks backstrap. I am going to look at it when I get off work in about 14-15 hrs :)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Matt3

Unread postby Matt3 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:01 pm

Dan, what set the areas apart that you chose. What stood out to you that makes those areas more interesting? Is it that they are more huntable? Access routs? Better wind or something?
Thanks

dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 pm

Matt3 wrote:Dan, what set the areas apart that you chose. What stood out to you that makes those areas more interesting? Is it that they are more huntable? Access routs? Better wind or something?
Thanks

Isolation & elevation... The areas in the N.E. look like they will be over looked by others. The ones in the lower 1/2 are in good elevation positions, and close to where you said there is daytime activity in a field. The ones in the middle seem the most remote. The ones at the top look like they might draw attention to other hunters, but are worth checking out.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”