Keepin tabs

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hoot
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gary.schwartz.332

Keepin tabs

Unread postby hoot » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:37 am

Ive really been burning the boot rubber this year scouting. This will be my first season beast style and Im stoked. Last weekend I went on a canoe/camp/scout/cam hanging trip on some property that just opened to hunting last year. Theres great sign. Huge, huge rubs. Ive only found a few buck beds on these properties. One I believe is a rutting bed since its on the downwind side of a huge doe bedding area. The other is about 30yds off river. After camping I decided to check the area by the bed along the river on my way back to truck. I found a pretty good shed along a scrape line coming from this bed earlier this year and I knew I wanted to hunt this bed right then. Not a monster, but a solid buck. I believe this is him. Pic just around bend in river
I was 75yds to his right during this pic.
I decided not to hang a cam in that area so I headed back to canoe. 10yds from canoe I came across good tracks. I think hes there. Or at least a good deer is.
We had pretty heavy rain previous night so this track is a bit deteriorated but not too terrible.
This next track is much crisper. Perhaps that morning? To bad my hand is covering half of it.
I was hoping to be able to glass this area from across river but the grass is already 2' over my head. I may go back if we get a good rain and hang a cam or 2 near where I think hes feeding. We better get some serious rain before season starts. The kill tree I picked out earlier this year was just feet off river. Not anymore. Rivers gotta be at least 2' lo.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

bbahunter

Re: Keepin tabs

Unread postby bbahunter » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:00 am

Looks like a successful scouting mission, good luck to you. Nice pic of that buck from your homebrew too. ;)
Pope and Young Associate Member
Massachusetts Bowhunters Life Member
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:02 am

8-)
G3s
500 Club

Unread postby G3s » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:31 pm

Looks like you are creating some history with a pretty nice buck...good luck with him
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:00 am

Looks like you're onto him - good luck!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”