Deer are back in the marshes...

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Deer are back in the marshes...

Unread postby dan » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Kicking deer out of all the beds I have been scouting the last week or so. During the late winter a lot of the deer relocate. Just started noticing the beds getting used again.
Anyone else?

Swampthing
500 Club

Re: Deer are back in the marshes...

Unread postby Swampthing » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:27 pm

I was out last week in the marsh. I checked out a few beds i found 2 years ago . Out of 6 beds I jumped 3 deer. I was pretty happy.
I was thinking that It woulda been nice to have any non-believer in beds getting used repeatedly with to see it in person. It was sure neat to pick a bed off my GPS and walk up to it and and have a deer jump up from the EXACT spot you found previously.
It really boosts the confidence.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Found a dead 8 pointer about a 135" in the river bottoms Saturday. Thought I found my ideal bed to put a camera on. Lots of hair in a bed. Unfortunately about 20 yards away was the buck carcass. Must have bedded down there to die, and the yotes ate him. I was bummed but that's life in the wild. I had trail camera pictures of him back in the fall. Didn't find anymore beds. Did see a few does flee out of the bottoms. Didn't find any mushrooms either.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
mastermind

Unread postby mastermind » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 pm

I've been kicking up a few deer in the swamp/marshes here in new jersey. I've actually found a few really good buck beds that seem to be used year round, nice size depression along with tine marks on branches that are above bed. These were the first beds I've seen with tine marks above the bed, I'll be out again this weekend to trim up a few trees and finalize my entrance and exits.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
DO WORK SON!
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:10 am

Yep I've been kicking them out of beds too, not a lot of deer but it does seem to happen more frequently.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”