SCOUTING WORKSHOP 2/18/2012 & 3/3/2012

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: SCOUTING WORKSHOP 2/18/2012 & 3/3/2012

Unread postby dan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:43 am

Z7WIBoy wrote:I thought it was cancelled? Did it take place

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Yes... Swampthing called me and said he was in Jefforson at the motel. He had driven 9 hours and said he was going to head back and come next time. I said NO WAY! You drove that far we are going out. And Andy called and said if Swampthing was going, he wanted to come too... And to be honest, the snow did not have that much of an effect.
I will come up with a new date soon for the rest of you.

Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:06 am

Awesome!! Glad It worked out Dan, Swampthing, Bigdadyoo.
Kodiakman
Forum Executive Chef

Unread postby Kodiakman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:28 am

Yeah, I am glad it worked out for you guys too. I kept checking in on this thread to see what was going down. That was some serious snow coming down. Well it worked out at least. That's way to far to drive to have to turn around. Good on ya Dan. Never figured he wouldn't do right by you. How was it fellas? What did you think??
It's not a problem, it's a opportunity for a solution.
Z7WIBoy

Unread postby Z7WIBoy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Awesome - I have to get to the next I need to figure out how to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Platinum PETA Member
(People Eating Tasty Animals)
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Glad to hear you guys had fun, I know I sure had a blast. Now we just need to talk Dan into doing a hill country workshop, and then a Ag country workshop, a track identification workshop etc. We can call it the Dan University, and it sure beats the school of hard knocks. I will come to any of them, certainly shortens up the learning curve!
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:58 am

Brad Lamont wrote:Glad to hear you guys had fun, I know I sure had a blast. Now we just need to talk Dan into doing a hill country workshop, and then a Ag country workshop, a track identification workshop etc. We can call it the Dan University, and it sure beats the school of hard knocks. I will come to any of them, certainly shortens up the learning curve!

the class with Dan was the best money I have spent on hunting. He is a great teacher. Very good communicator, he is very detailed in what a Big buck is thinking. He definitely answers the..... Who, What , Where, Why and When

Thinks out side the "Box".........to the so called "Deer Experts"
When you go with him ......it ties it all together. IMO this is the only way to effectively hunt a "Mature Buck".........4.5 yr old on up
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:18 am

Glad it worked out for you guys. Hopefuly I will be able to make the next one.
Kodiakman
Forum Executive Chef

Unread postby Kodiakman » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Brad Lamont wrote:Glad to hear you guys had fun, I know I sure had a blast. Now we just need to talk Dan into doing a hill country workshop, and then a Ag country workshop, a track identification workshop etc. We can call it the Dan University, and it sure beats the school of hard knocks. I will come to any of them, certainly shortens up the learning curve!

Haha Yeaaass! Bravo Brad.

The Infalt Institute of Beasting!! Rome Oak Hill Tech, Infalt Academy, Dan U. Home of the Beasts. Already have a mascott and a varsity team of hunters. I love it!!

From here on out I am saying I have studied at IIB and Majored in Bucks. :clap:
It's not a problem, it's a opportunity for a solution.
hoot
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gary.schwartz.332

Unread postby hoot » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Well poop. I was going to wrong thread all this time. Was hoping to get in on Dan's scouting seminar but didn't know a date till it was a day too late. :( Any thoughts on doing any others yet this spring?

Dan, you look familiar. Did you and your family use to hunt Vernon marsh?

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Kodiakman wrote:

Haha Yeaaass! Bravo Brad.

The Infalt Institute of Beasting!! Rome Oak Hill Tech, Infalt Academy, Dan U. Home of the Beasts. Already have a mascott and a varsity team of hunters. I love it!!

From here on out I am saying I have studied at IIB and Majored in Bucks. :clap:

i agree 8-) :clap: 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:09 am

hoot wrote:Well poop. I was going to wrong thread all this time. Was hoping to get in on Dan's scouting seminar but didn't know a date till it was a day too late. :( Any thoughts on doing any others yet this spring?

Dan, you look familiar. Did you and your family use to hunt Vernon marsh?

Have not hunted there since I was a kid. We are planning another workshop after the up coming shows.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:27 pm

[/quote]
Have not hunted there since I was a kid. We are planning another workshop after the up coming shows.[/quote]

Are you at IL classic in addition to WI?

I hope I can make it to one of your scouting sessions. The weekends are filling up quick with Easter and a first period WI turkey hunt. :?
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:45 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:

Have not hunted there since I was a kid. We are planning another workshop after the up coming shows.[/quote]

I hope I can make it to one of your scouting sessions. The weekends are filling up quick with Easter and a first period WI turkey hunt. :?[/quote]
I will be at the S.E. Wisconsin sports show in two weeks. I am doing seminars about marsh hunting and will have as many of my buck as I can fit in a 8x20 area at my booth... I will also be at the Madison show the weekend after that, but not sure if I will have my own booth or be with a sponsor.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:50 pm

dan wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:

Have not hunted there since I was a kid. We are planning another workshop after the up coming shows.

I hope I can make it to one of your scouting sessions. The weekends are filling up quick with Easter and a first period WI turkey hunt. :?[/quote]
I will be at the S.E. Wisconsin sports show in two weeks. I am doing seminars about marsh hunting and will have as many of my buck as I can fit in a 8x20 area at my booth... I will also be at the Madison show the weekend after that, but not sure if I will have my own booth or be with a sponsor.[/quote]

Where is that show at Dan? If you will be there speaking, it may be worth me driving over for!
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Where is that show at Dan? If you will be there speaking, it may be worth me driving over for!

Click this link:

http://www.sewifishandhunt.com/pages/the-2012-show.php

You can click on the seminars page to get info on times... Anybody going can bring maps/topo's for me to look at.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”