Weird items or objects you found in the woods ?

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Kodiakman
Forum Executive Chef

Re: Weird items or objects you found in the woods ?

Unread postby Kodiakman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:03 am

-Washing machine
-Metal lunch box and thermos, was there for 20 years I bet.
-Half usable ice shanty tucked in the middle of a woods, skids, stove pipe and all. Still there even but getting pretty rotted. Been there so long you would have to cut trees out to pull it out. I am guessing they wanted to use it as a blind.
-A bunch of sheep skeletons. Apparently, if you have some deaths of your livestock, you are suppose to report it and have the meat wagon come and pick it up. But then "the eyes that be" start watching your farm and it's a head ache no one wants. So they dumped their dead over the past... I don't know but there are a bunch of them. Probably one or two a year, multiplied over a bunch of years.
-Old Metal Ice tongs. We got that sand blasted clean and painted with engine block paint, hangs as decor now. Neat find.
-Wild Hops
-The Pot
-Duck Decoys

I could go on for a long time about all the crap I have found and stumbled on. Most of it in my early years of hunting, chasing rabbits. I would go through everything and anything back then. Now i am a little more focused on where I am going. AKA: too lazy.

Dewey- that is a awesome find. Has to be a poacher's cabin. Did you report it??

It's not a problem, it's a opportunity for a solution.
Dewey

Re: Weird items or objects you found in the woods ?

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:13 am

Kodiakman wrote:Dewey- that is a awesome find. Has to be a poacher's cabin. Did you report it??

No, never reported it since I have no clue what the hunting hours are up there. I know what your saying by the hours that the moose were killed. That far north at least in July when we were fishing it never really seemed to get completely dark but not sure how it is later in the fall.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”