Find my X-mas Present LOCATION on MAP - please!

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

U.P. MAN
500 Club

Re: Find my X-mas Present LOCATION on MAP - please!

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:01 am

JRM6868 wrote:Acorns were down this year there were acorns though. Look for the red oaks the white were down and the deer may have cleaned them up most likely. They also may be hitting the beech nuts so look for some decent sized beech trees.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Not meaning to hi-jack thread! Have you hunted wayne nf or shawnee? I heard something about a big ice storm awhile back that knocked down alot of trees and those areas have alot of browse now?

JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:15 am

U.P. MAN wrote:
JRM6868 wrote:Acorns were down this year there were acorns though. Look for the red oaks the white were down and the deer may have cleaned them up most likely. They also may be hitting the beech nuts so look for some decent sized beech trees.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Not meaning to hi-jack thread! Have you hunted wayne nf or shawnee? I heard something about a big ice storm awhile back that knocked down alot of trees and those areas have alot of browse now?

No haven't hunted either of those,I thought I heard somewhere that shawnee was timbering some or burning some areas off though. If that's true there should be a bunch of browse in shawnee coming up.
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:20 am

How far from them are you? Are you around alot of ag? What type of weather do you normally have? Sorry for all the questions! Seriously not meant to hi-jack thread :lol:
JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:31 am

U.P. MAN wrote:How far from them are you? Are you around alot of ag? What type of weather do you normally have? Sorry for all the questions! Seriously not meant to hi-jack thread :lol:

pm sent

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”