A Story Waiting To Be Written

• Advertisement

HB Store

LenH
500 Club

A Story Waiting To Be Written

Unread postby LenH » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:05 am

Over the years I have been accused of frowning in photos on purpose. Maybe I do maybe I don't. I do know I have a large smile painted on my face after a phone conversation I just had.

About a dozen years ago I had a conversation with Mike pictured below. He wanted a good place to catch a big brown. I gave him some directions and later that night I got this photo in my email. He thanked me for the direction. My directions were less than stellar and I sent Mike down one bridge entry point and in a pasture that had less than nice black angus bulls in it. No bulls this day a dozen years ago.

Back to my real smile. I had a young guy ask me where I would go to catch a big brown. Michael's encounter with the German Tank above from 12 years ago popped in my head.

I sent the young guy and his buddy in at first light at the black angus bridge. The very first hole of the day just upstream of the bridge was a wild one.

The guy threw in his size 7 husky jerk rapala at some down trees and debris within 20 yards of the bridge. The snag came alive. The XL sized fish hit ferociously and the swell it made had the angler questioning if there are big pike in the waterway. The lure bounced off the iron jawed monster.

I am smiling because my knee is healing quickly and this fish would be a fitting end for a shortened year.

Ghost Hunter

Re: A Story Waiting To Be Written

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:21 pm

Good post LenH! :clap:
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:11 pm

Go get'em Len! October 1st is coming quickly!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
exojam

Unread postby exojam » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Len,

Always good stories and nice picture(s).

Now for the silly question, why did you send them in "at first light"? Are those trout easier to deal with at that time? Sorry for the bad question but I could not figure out the correct word combo for what I was looking for. Thanks.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:26 pm

exojam wrote:Len,

Now for the silly question, why did you send them in "at first light"? Are those trout easier to deal with at that time? Sorry for the bad question but I could not figure out the correct word combo for what I was looking for. Thanks.

Tends to be a burst of feeding activity at first light from what I've seen....especially on the big trout.

exojam

Unread postby exojam » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:44 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:
exojam wrote:Len,

Tends to be a burst of feeding activity at first light from what I've seen....especially on the big trout.

Thanks JM.

• Advertisement

Return to “Trout Fishing”