• Advertisement

HB Store

LenH
500 Club

The Views From The Bridge

Unread postby LenH » Tue May 07, 2013 2:09 am

Upstream view....

downstream view...

Which way would you prefer fishing and why?

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: The Views From The Bridge

Unread postby dan » Wed May 08, 2013 7:45 am

I would head upstream... 1st off, I always do better fishing upstream retrieving my lure down steam to me. . 2nd, it looks like there is much better fish structure upstream. 3rd, looks like good deer territory up stream. Always sniffing around for deer... Can't help it, its in my blood. :D
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Wed May 08, 2013 8:10 am

It depends. The downstream view shows no cover from trees and grass off the banks. I would search for deep pools though. I would hit the shallow areas with a fly rod on overcast days or in the evening. the trout maybe hugging close to the banks on sunny hot days too. I would probably not use a fly rod in the upstream area because of the trees. Those trees may promote more insect inhabitation for trout to feed on and provide shade. a regular spin rod would be my bet for upstream, or if fly rod is the only thing to use, use wet flies and wooly buggers using light casts and let them drift down the stream for intercepting trout.
Last edited by Crazinamatese on Wed May 08, 2013 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed May 08, 2013 8:15 am

Fish would spot you and spook more down stream too... Ever see guys fishing wearing really bright clothes? I always wear camo or dull colors and think about a back drop and being sneaky just like hunting.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Wed May 08, 2013 8:20 am

dan wrote:Fish would spot you and spook more down stream too... Ever see guys fishing wearing really bright clothes? I always wear camo or dull colors and think about a back drop and being sneaky just like hunting.

Especially a stream that narrow, trout would see you no problem, especially in that downstream area with no trees or grass. it would be logical to approach from downstream and work your way upstream as trout are facing upstream against the current.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed May 08, 2013 2:38 pm

I would more than likely loop around downstream then fish back toward the bridge upstream. Looks like some bank work was done downstream. Lack of cover for me doesn't bother me, croutch/crawl into position and/or wade where necessary ......keeping a low profile is important IMO. If the water has a slight tinge of color all the better.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Trout Fishing”