No more bowfishing this year..

• Advertisement

HB Store

Mike.E

No more bowfishing this year..

Unread postby Mike.E » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:34 am

After getting back in the groove for bowfishing, was able to get out a good 6-7 times over a few weekends. My pa decides it's time to go work out of town, finds a few good lakes to fish on, and takes my rig with him!

Not to mention my other buddy that i go bowfishing with, is forced to sell his rig because his dad that they went in halfzies on, is moving and my buddy has nowhere to store the boat, and cant afford to pay the other half of the boat, and neither can i.

What luck. Looks like ill have to get out the waders. Does anyone go with waders? How does operation work?

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: No more bowfishing this year..

Unread postby dan » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:12 am

I wade rivers a lot... It seems funner and easier than using a boat to me... I do it all summer. Your welcome to come along some time if you make the ride down here.
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:21 pm

What kind of rig does your buddy have? I might be looking to buy a good setup if priced reasonabally.
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Its not really a "bow fishing rig" but we made it work. I am selling my 16ft Tracker boat ,60hp, TON of accessories. 4500 o b o. Let me know if interested. I can post pics and give you the details.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:54 am

we shoot small creeks off bridges down back roads. Technically illegal but the local cops have been cool with us so far. Usually one guy stands on the bridge with a spotlight and the other guys shoot from shore, not as effective as a boat but its better than not going at all. When it warms up I wade in old tennis shoes and we spear or shoot them. As dan said, its pretty effective.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Mike.E

Unread postby Mike.E » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:17 am

I like keepin my spots secret even though it never works lol i think bridge shootin or wading would be neat, never tried it that way. i might have to try a new environment, wither way i'm going to kill some more sloppies this year one way or another!
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Sat May 26, 2012 6:05 am

Just wading the shore is an awesome, simple approach. No boat needed.
On a small river when the water is high and some of the shoreline trees are in a few feet of water, I like to set a tree stand 8 feet up in a flooded tree and shoot carp all afternoon! The height gives good visibility and great shot angles so you dont have to aim low.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bow Fishing”