Smoked Dog fish?

• Advertisement

HB Store

Kodiakman
Forum Executive Chef

Re: Smoked Dog fish?

Unread postby Kodiakman » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:47 am

solocam88 wrote:I give you credit for trying it. Most people would probably think it tasted great if you told them it was a walleye or salmon or something.

I agree with giving him credit with trying it, but not with the second part. Not like the difference is going to be something like Sheephead, which are actually pretty dang good fried. There is no way you would think dog fish is GOOD. If I had to eat it, sure, but not by choice.

A 15+ years ago we caught one and just to see what it was like we thought we would try to fillet it. We pitched it. I have nver seen meat that was complete mush. It stuck to my fillet knife. It was like paste. Nasty.

It's not a problem, it's a opportunity for a solution.
blackwolf
500 Club

Unread postby blackwolf » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:48 pm

Got to go with Stanley on this one!
Mike.E

Unread postby Mike.E » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Never doubt it until you try it. Some people just might be too afraid to i guess!
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:44 am

Im on the eastcoast and dont know anything about bowfin, but they appear simliar to a snakehead.

A few years ago snakeheads started showing up in our rivers and creeks and long story short is they are EVERYWHERE. I mean so many of these thing its crazy! I started bowfishing seriouly because of these things. We shoot boat loads full of 20-36 inch fish and most are only 2 years old! I think they spawn 3 times a year is why we have so many.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_snakehead

So much fun to shoot and they dont seem to have any effect on our native fish.

I posted this bc this is some of the BEST fish you could ever eat! Im not kidding it is absouley amazingly good!

Ill get some pics of my phone. We took 2 boats and filled up coolers and barrells full the othe night! :o
You can't kill em on the couch
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:58 am

Over a year later and I still haven't eaten dog fish. I believe a year from now nothing will change for me anyway. I don't have a job or much money but dog fish still is way down on the survival list. ;) :lol:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bow Fishing”