2012 bowfishing itch

• Advertisement

HB Store

Mike.E

2012 bowfishing itch

Unread postby Mike.E » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:36 am

After deer hunting ended, the next big rush was turkey hunting then bowfishing, but after looking over the regulations for WI here, i found bowfishing was open year-round in Waupaca Co and a few other counties, just a half hour drive away...so i scrambled to get the boat ready and headed to Fremont on the dusk St. Patricks Day (Saturday) , realizing this was better than drinking green beer!

Had a good 'opening' night for not knowing where we were actually going to go and got 10, but missed ALOT more haha I had switched over my rest to a fish hook rest after deciding to hit the water, so i had to get used to the new way the arrows flew off the rest. Lets just say frustration set in after missing a few. But we survived and we glad to have accomplished something when everyone else was getting drunk.

The next night we hit the water again and did a little better..

Between three of us in the boat we ended with 21 on that Sunday night.

And so we hit the waters again! on Monday night and between me and my friend (in the picture), slopped 16.

All in all it was great to get out and get rid of the itchy finger and take advantage of the heat we had. Never thought i would be doing this in March but now i have to change my thinking haha Im sure ill be out tonight maybe and for sure in a month when bowfishing opens up around my home.

Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Re: 2012 bowfishing itch

Unread postby Czabs » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:02 pm

mmm smoked carp!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: 2012 bowfishing itch

Unread postby dan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:49 am

Awesome! Looks like you guys got a dogfish too... Im getting the itch too!

• Advertisement

Return to “Bow Fishing”