pressured buck education

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

headgear
500 Club

Re: pressured buck education

Unread postby headgear » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:33 am

Great story Rome! :lol:

Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:49 am

I was slinking through the swamp with my crossbow, no bait though, last Sunday. Was working towards a bed I found in summer 2010. I saw a hunter in a tree about 20 yds from the spot in a ladder stand. I would guess that buck wasn't there.

Good stuff Bridge
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
MN Legacy
500 Club
Facebook: Brent Bushy

Unread postby MN Legacy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:57 pm

Yeap Hunting public areas is tough because it's open to the public. I find that if you hunt during
the week that you run into less people. Also alot of people don't like to get to far from there vehicles. I think alot of the Mature Bucks on public land move at night and your only shot at getting one is early season maybe the first week or when the power of the rut is going on. Maybe another tip his late season when the snow piles up and you have a corn,sugar beets, and soybeans next to WMA might pull out that buck for the need to feed. I've seen alot of my mature
bucks on public ground I don't know why that is but I'm not going to complane this next week should be good.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:53 am

Last week I had duck hunters mess me up. They saw me before they set up and gratefully moved after they saw me. Too bad they only moved around the bend in the river. After they got set up w/ dekes and everything, they decided to shoot at every group of blackbirds and high flying flock of geese that they saw. I climbed down after I heard pellets were hitting my tree from them shoot at more blackbirds. Thats too bad too b/c the spot is a nice one- great for the rut along a river. The bucks will run the edge of the river scent checking the doe bedding area w/ a norht wind. I'll be there as soon as I get some time and the wind is right.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”