Would you report a permanent stand on public?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jackson Marsh

Re: Would you report a permanent stand on public?

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:30 pm

I was hunting public in mid October and about 10 minutes prior to shooting light I heard an engine behind me in the cattails. I turned around and see headlights about a half mile out in the cattails heading to a small island. I watched them with my bunks and saw a guy get out, then the atf/argot turned around and headed back. That argot must have driven through at least a mile of cattails. Turned out to be a waterfowl hunter. Needless to say I didn't see a dang deer, that thing was noisy! Must be nice to drive wherever the he'll you want! Sure would make getting a deer out easier. I didn't report it, but I wished I had.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:I was hunting public in mid October and about 10 minutes prior to shooting light I heard an engine behind me in the cattails. I turned around and see headlights about a half mile out in the cattails heading to a small island. I watched them with my bunks and saw a guy get out, then the atf/argot turned around and headed back. That argot must have driven through at least a mile of cattails. Turned out to be a waterfowl hunter. Needless to say I didn't see a dang deer, that thing was noisy! Must be nice to drive wherever the he'll you want! Sure would make getting a deer out easier. I didn't report it, but I wished I had.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I have the same problem but with airboats! The only problem is I can do nothing about it because it is the Federal Fish & Wildlife Service. They seem to cruise around at the worst possible times and if you ever heard an airboat they sound just like a drag car! :shock:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
carl1191

Unread postby carl1191 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:42 pm

I would never steal someones stuff, because I know how expensive some setups can be and I wouldn't want it to happen to me. But, in Wisconsin, it is illegal to leave stands overnight on state owned lands and even some county owned lands, it just depends on the rules that the county sets for their public lands. If it was just a portable stand, I would take it down and leave a note on it about leaving stands on state lands, but if it was a large permanent stand I would report it. I hate when people trying to lay claim to public land.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:44 pm

carl1191 wrote:I would never steal someones stuff, because I know how expensive some setups can be and I wouldn't want it to happen to me. But, in Wisconsin, it is illegal to leave stands overnight on state owned lands and even some county owned lands, it just depends on the rules that the county sets for their public lands. If it was just a portable stand, I would take it down and leave a note on it about leaving stands on state lands, but if it was a large permanent stand I would report it. I hate when people trying to lay claim to public land.

Agree 100%

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”