My first try any Suggestion ?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

TreeRat

My first try any Suggestion ?

Unread postby TreeRat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:07 am

I thinking about having the wife drop me off tomorrow night instead of riding a bike from the parking to the swamp. I scouted the area last winter and found some good signs. But now the wind does not seen to in the best direction. NW at 3pm to a NNW by 6pm. I have no idea what is in the area but thought I cant really screw up to much seeing how I have no clue if anyone has been in the area. I feel I cant lean these woods if I am not hunting it.if you have any thoughts I am all ears.I am mostly just trying to get in the woods and break my Bow in. if a nice Fat Doe walked by I know of a good family that would be more then happy to take it off my hands,But don't get me wrong if an 8pt or better walked out that would make my night. Thanks for looking
Blue = rubs
yellow= beds

BigHunt

Re: My first try any Suggestion ?

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:30 am

well i put red dots were i think the possible beding areas are, and the yellow dots are were i would set up on those point .......hope this helps any questions just ask ;)

tyler
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
TreeRat

Unread postby TreeRat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Most of the bed area you marked are pretty much what I found But they are on the north side of the points. Would a buck still bed in these spots with the wind NNW to NW That what the red lines are in the second pic. I thought a buck would want the wind to he's back?
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:01 pm

TreeRat wrote:Most of the bed area you marked are pretty much what I found But they are on the north side of the points. Would a buck still bed in these spots with the wind NNW to NW That what the red lines are in the second pic. I thought a buck would want the wind to he's back?

is the map pointing north
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
TreeRat

Unread postby TreeRat » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:27 am

Sorry my kids took over the pc. Yes the map is north the red lines are the wind dierection for today.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:09 am

Not conclusive, but for a NW wind which it is typical to have a combination of the winds as indicated by the arrows here are my suggestions as a starting point of probably bedding. These winds attempt to take in to account the predicted forecasted wind direction and rising thermals. Like I said not conclusive and went through the map fairly quick am not feeling well. Hope it is helpful.

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
TreeRat

Unread postby TreeRat » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:26 am

Got skunk. The wind was a little stronger then the weather man said. I am going to try the other side of the swamp in the morning.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:30 am

TreeRat wrote:Got skunk. The wind was a little stronger then the weather man said. I am going to try the other side of the swamp in the morning.

good luck with it
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:40 am

Hunting is 1% getting.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:42 am

Stanley wrote:Hunting is 1% getting.

;)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:07 pm

Blue dots are where I would suspect buck bedding for a North, N-West wind... Red dots looked like slightly better spots based on finger type ridge...

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:13 pm

dan wrote:Blue dots are where I would suspect buck bedding for a North, N-West wind... Red dots looked like slightly better spots based on finger type ridge...

dan i noticed that you like those real tight sharp dropoff points than the long wide points why is this.......
Last edited by BigHunt on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:16 pm

Yes do tell Dan....per your mock up I am out there like Pluto....and doesn't even exist anymore :shock:
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:19 pm

dan i noticed that you like those real tight points than the lone wide points why is this

Bucks seem to like them more from my experiances... My thought is its tougher for a human or predator to sneek down the narrow point undetected.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:23 pm

dan wrote:
dan i noticed that you like those real tight points than the lone wide points why is this

Bucks seem to like them more from my experiances... My thought is its tougher for a human or predator to sneek down the narrow point undetected.

i see... whats the % on the sigtings VS the two types
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”