Found a Gun

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Josh

Re: Found a Gun

Unread postby Josh » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:31 pm

my dad and i were heading home from rabbit hunting one day and were driving by a concervation area and seen a shotgun leaning against a fence post. It was a remington 16 guage made on the browning sweet 16 patent with all three shells in it still. We rembered seeing a guy loading his beagles there when we went by earlier so we called him and asked him what he shot and where his gun was. He said he hunted with his grandpas old 16 and it was behind the seat of his truck, he went to look and got back on the phone and said it was gone. We told him we had it and he was at our house in about 2 minutes!

GRFox
500 Club

Re: Found a Gun

Unread postby GRFox » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:36 pm

Josh wrote:my dad and i were heading home from rabbit hunting one day and were driving by a concervation area and seen a shotgun leaning against a fence post. It was a remington 16 guage made on the browning sweet 16 patent with all three shells in it still. We rembered seeing a guy loading his beagles there when we went by earlier so we called him and asked him what he shot and where his gun was. He said he hunted with his grandpas old 16 and it was behind the seat of his truck, he went to look and got back on the phone and said it was gone. We told him we had it and he was at our house in about 2 minutes!

I have the same gun. Its a Remington Model 11 . I absolutely love that gun, its a great rabbit gun, you don't blow them to pieces like you do with a 12 but you get a bigger pattern than a 20.

That gun was passed down to me and is over 75 years old. It still shoots great, I only wish I could get another barrel for it.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”