New “Woke” Michigan Public land Strategy

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mipubbucks24
500 Club

New “Woke” Michigan Public land Strategy

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:07 pm

Michigan has put out there new public land management strategy. Most of it is normal stuff with a bunch of diversity bull added in, till you get to page 17 and strategy 4 & 5.

Strategy 4 (statewide): Determine the potential of locating utility scale renewable energy on DNR-managed public lands.
• Measurable objective: Identify and market appropriate sites on DNR- managed public lands for potential renewable energy development.
o Measure: Total production capacity and number of developed sites.
Strategy 5 (statewide): Identify and address opportunities for climate change mitigation associated with natural resources management on DNR-managed public lands.
• Measurable objective: Conduct a pilot project to determine the potential for DNR-managed public lands to sequester carbon and market the carbon offset credits generated.
o Measure: Carbon credits generated and sold

So they want to take public land and turn it into wind and solar farms. So how that is supposed to increase recreation. The state should not be in the utility business. It for the private sector. And I sure don’t want them turning public land into a solar field. The Biden admin is already hinting at stuff like this out west.

Then the whole carbon credit bull, I don’t even know where to start with all that. Hunters, fisherman, trappers, & recreation is where the bulk of the DNRs money comes from, they need to manage public land through that lens.

Anyways here is the link to the plan and a link to a survey. If you hunt Michigan public land or any public land please leave them a comment about the plan.

Plan
https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-3 ... ovdelivery

Survey
https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9. ... 70698543-l

Brian1986

Re: New “Woke” Michigan Public land Strategy

Unread postby Brian1986 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:53 pm

I haven't hunted in Michigan but this looks like a horrible idea by the Michigan DNR. I drove out to Colorado this year on I-70 and couldn't get over how many windmills were in Kansas and Colorado. It looked awful!!
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:21 am

Wow. Crp field ? Nope.. solar field :doh:

Great for wildlife and recreational use. :doh:

I’ll write them and tell then save the solar panels for the rooftops of their buildings and that’s it. Furthermore then I will also suggest they put out a “measurement” on the carbon footprint of solar panels and windmills. I’ll guarantee it’s not a very “green” process manufacturing, shipping, installing them. Our Gov probably don’t care about that though. Hold ourselves to high standards on manufacturing and pollution then just have China make em, they enjoy destroying the environmenT and it’s ok for them to do it.
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
PublicLand

Unread postby PublicLand » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:27 am

Family members gotta get $$$ before the govt files chapter 7. Chinese solar panels

It's like a mob movie where they milk the last drop and torch the business
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:41 am

this is a trojan horse move by your dnr....cant discharge a firearm or bow near a windmill or solar panel bc you might damage them....this is a tree huggers dream come true!
d_rek

Unread postby d_rek » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:50 am

Yikes. I got the email the other day but haven't had a chance to read it yet.
"I don't know what the f*** this is but it's weird as f*** so i'm leaving."
-The Deep
G-Patt
500 Club

Unread postby G-Patt » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:13 am

This is very sad. I don't live in MI, but this can and will happen everywhere.
On my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness. So I have that going for me, which is nice!
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:47 am

Been looking into this more, read the plan from 2013. Sadly the former governor Snyder got this started. He signed some law that required the DNR to have all these strategic plans, and basically redefined what the purpose of the DNR and public land use was. Although the plan from 2013 did not have anything about creating renewable energy utility, or carbon credits. Now Comrade Whitmer and her people are taking it a step further.

Once I have really dissected everything I’m going to be calling the people doing the planning and asking them specific questions about the plan to get a better idea what they are talking about. That is if they will even pick up the phone. Hopefully word of this gets out and there is enough response that they don’t do it, but I doubt they care.
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:02 am

We need to reduce carbon in the atmosphere to prevent warming.... Let's cut down all these trees that eat carbon and put up these super-duper heat-absorbing panels... :-|

I am all about green clean energy... I am NOT about deforestation to do it.
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:09 pm

Get a large group of outdoorsmen and women together and put pressure on your Michigan chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers. Here is a link https://www.backcountryhunters.org/michigan

I've been a bit skeptical of BHA in the past, but from what I've seen they do a pretty good job. If they truly believe in protecting public lands, this should become their #1 priority in Michigan and anywhere else
UncleBuck3268
500 Club
Facebook: NONE

Unread postby UncleBuck3268 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:17 pm

I am in Wisconsin, but this is incredibly sad. These lands are funded by the people who intend to use it as it stands. Once they start taking public lands from people and start planting these lands full of windmills who will buy a tag anymore? Good way to get rid of any recreational activities outdoors.
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:02 am

mipubbucks24 wrote:Been looking into this more, read the plan from 2013. Sadly the former governor Snyder got this started. He signed some law that required the DNR to have all these strategic plans, and basically redefined what the purpose of the DNR and public land use was. Although the plan from 2013 did not have anything about creating renewable energy utility, or carbon credits. Now Comrade Whitmer and her people are taking it a step further.

Once I have really dissected everything I’m going to be calling the people doing the planning and asking them specific questions about the plan to get a better idea what they are talking about. That is if they will even pick up the phone. Hopefully word of this gets out and there is enough response that they don’t do it, but I doubt they care.

Just seeing this thread, have you called?
Sailfish_WC
500 Club

Unread postby Sailfish_WC » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:53 am

Build it, and they will come.

Think of all the urbanites that will come from the city and pass through your small towns providing needed $$$.

Think of the young children and the opportunity provided to them to gaze upon the natural landscape of windmills and solar panels, undisturbed in their pristine settings

Yes, you guys are just being short-sighted and selfish
Sailfish_WC <-- Deer watcher
CattailCommander

Unread postby CattailCommander » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:51 am

Another thing people don't think about when it comes to "clean" energy is how clean it really isn't... yeah while they're in use they might be "clean" energy but what all is done to make those panels and what happens after they're done being used.

Heres a little bit from an article just from a quick google search about solar panels:

"The toxic chemicals in solar panels include cadmium telluride, copper indium selenide, cadmium gallium (di)selenide, copper indium gallium (di)selenide, hexafluoroethane, lead, and polyvinyl fluoride. Additionally, silicon tetrachloride, a byproduct of producing crystalline silicon, is highly toxic."

For wind energy, the are an eye sore like stated above, hazardous to birds, noisy, etc.

"When wind turbine blades are decommissioned they are usually scrapped and thrown into landfill because they cannot be recycled."

^^^ thats real good for the environment too...
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:53 am

jmaas07 wrote:
mipubbucks24 wrote:Been looking into this more, read the plan from 2013. Sadly the former governor Snyder got this started. He signed some law that required the DNR to have all these strategic plans, and basically redefined what the purpose of the DNR and public land use was. Although the plan from 2013 did not have anything about creating renewable energy utility, or carbon credits. Now Comrade Whitmer and her people are taking it a step further.

Just seeing this thread, have you called?

I have not called yet, just got busy with life the last couple weeks. Thanks for the reminder, I will try to get on and report back with more info.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”